[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

This will get me to play Maplestory everyday!

ota9x55ruri2pponota9x55ruri2ppon
Reactions: 1,580
edited October 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I will list some points I find Maplestory lacking below,
my hope is that Nexon or developer will read them and consider few changes or accommodation...

1. Put Tera/Mega Burning Event to every event. Burning allows me to explore Maplestory than I ever could before. I won't play without it.
2. Some simple methods to earn large amount of mesos quickly, to allow enhancement on the equips for more damage.
3. (maybe) more story chained quests, I have enjoyed many of the early story quests, esp simpler ones like Golden Beach, Aran, and Mushroom Princess.
To add to this, I really liked the designs of the pendant from Mushroom Princess quest reward and the Tako earring from Golden Beach quest reward.

These are some of the points or things I am looking from Maplestory developers so far.
In summary, I believe it'd be good to think about the amount of time your users have to play Maplestory, this summarizes the points above, because...
each point emphasizes time efficiency, getting "the most (fun, achievement, etc) out of the time spent", which I am hoping you have noticed already.
Without damage output, gameplay in Maplestory becomes difficult to progress. Without burning, players can make little to no progress in the time spent.
And, finally, without good fun, there is no point in staying to play in any game anymore. That is all, hope you will consider. Thanks.

Comments

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited October 2020
    I will list some points I find Maplestory lacking below,
    my hope is that Nexon or developer will read them and consider few changes or accommodation...

1. Put Tera/Mega Burning Event to every event. Burning allows me to explore Maplestory than I ever could before. I won't play without it.
    2. Some simple methods to earn large amount of mesos quickly, to allow enhancement on the equips for more damage.
    3. (maybe) more story chained quests, I have enjoyed many of the early story quests, esp simpler ones like Golden Beach, Aran, and Mushroom Princess.
    To add to this, I really liked the designs of the pendant from Mushroom Princess quest reward and the Tako earring from Golden Beach quest reward.

These are some of the points or things I am looking from Maplestory developers so far.
    In summary, I believe it'd be good to think about the amount of time your users have to play Maplestory, this summarizes the points above, because...
    each point emphasizes time efficiency, getting "the most (fun, achievement, etc) out of the time spent", which I am hoping you have noticed already.
    Without damage output, gameplay in Maplestory becomes difficult to progress. Without burning, players can make little to no progress in the time spent.
    And, finally, without good fun, there is no point in staying to play in any game anymore. That is all, hope you will consider. Thanks.

The first point won't work because once you burnt your characters, you are back to regular leveling rate. Since you said you cannot play without burning, you are saying you are done with the game once you burnt all your characters to 150 or 200. Unless you just plan on training characters to 200 and starting new characters once they cannot burn further, you are not going to do much else in the game.
    YinYangX
  • FafnirEqualityFafnirEquality
    Reactions: 590
    edited October 2020
    1) Nexon has certain goals when it comes to character progression (which affects many aspects of player behavior), and adding more burning events would alter that.

2) Balancing the in-game economy of any online game is something that needs to be done carefully. A game developer carefully tracks the value of their game's currency and can make adjustments as needed; mindlessly adding another source of mesos without an accompanying meso stink would affect the value of mesos in a relatively unpredictable way.

Lowering starforce costs, which has widespread support, would have a more predictable effect on the value of the meso (especially considering that other versions already have those lowered costs). Their metrics should already track how much players spend on starforce.

3) Content development is time-consuming and likely doesn't have much of a return when it comes to the amount that players spend.