[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Hayato: Sword Energy Changes from JapanMS

PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
Reactions: 5,265
edited November 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hayato has gotten a few changes over the years, some of which came to JapanMS first, others that made it to other servers first, but one change that is only in JapanMS as far as I'm aware. A few years ago in JapanMS, Hayato's Sword Energy system was added, allowing Hayato to gain 5 Sword Energy when eliminating monsters in Normal Stance, and 2 Sword Energy when attacking monsters in Quick Draw Stance (note the distinction between eliminating and attacking). A couple years later in JapanMS, Normal Stance, it was changed from 5 sword energy to 7 for eliminating an enemy, while Quick Draw Stance was changed from 2 sword energy to 3 sword energy for attacking an enemy. I have provided a couple videos below as proof.

Here is a Normal Lotus solo from a Hayato about 3 years ago:

As you can see, he gains 3 Sword Energy for each hit he deals to the boss.

Here is a showcase of the revamped Fort Asura content in JapanMS from a couple of days ago:

At 13:05, he has to eliminate enemies for a quest, gaining 7 Sword Energy for each enemy defeated.
At 30:02 in the same video, he fights Story Mode Akechi Mitsuhide, gaining 3 Sword Energy for each hit he deals to the boss.

In GMS (and possibly other servers), the amounts are still 5 Sword Energy for Normal Stance and 2 Sword Energy for Quick Draw stance. It would be a great Quality of Life addition for Hayato to port this change over.
Reiyomi

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2020
    Are y
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2020
    Are you certain that the changes to sword energy were done a few years ago, and not part of the current update to Hayato?
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    edited November 2020
    AKradian wrote: »
    Are you certain that the changes to sword energy were done a few years ago, and not part of the current update to Hayato?

The first video I posted is from 3 years ago, so it was definitely not part of the current update.
  • ReiyomiReiyomi
    Reactions: 920
    edited November 2020
    Bumping for visibility, I think this is a great change for a variety of reasons as a Hayato main:

Having more sword energy
  • ReiyomiReiyomi
    edited November 2020
    Bumping for visibility, I think this is a great change for a variety of reasons as a Hayato main:

- Having more sword energy means less reliance on Falcon's Honor, which is a skill that often has an animation which can't be cancelled.
    - Having more sword energy means there are more options to cast Battoujutsu: Will of Blades more freely over having to upkeep
    desertblu3
  • ReiyomiReiyomi
    edited November 2020

- Having more sword energy means less reliance on Falcon's Honor, which is a skill that often has an animation which can't be cancelled.
    - Having more sword energy means there are more options to cast Battoujutsu: Will of Blades more freely over having to upkeep Iaijutsu Phantom Blade, which can often be a struggle for newer players as the buff duration for Iaijutsu Phantom Blade is shorter at lower levels (level 10 or lower).
    - Honestly as a Hayato I feel like the class gets neglected because it's one of the stronger non
  • ReiyomiReiyomi
    edited November 2020

- Having more sword energy means there are more options to cast Battoujutsu: Will of Blades more freely over having to upkeep Iaijutsu Phantom Blade, which can often be a struggle for newer players as the buff duration for Iaijutsu Phantom Blade is shorter at lower levels (level 10 or lower).
    - Honestly as a Hayato I feel like the class gets neglected because it's one of the stronger non-KMS classes, but we have to optimize so many actions already to maximize our DPS. (Like animation cancelling the third strike of Rai Sanzenran to get more lines per second)

Please Nexon, for the love of god, this would be a great change to make :sob:
  • ReiyomiReiyomi
    edited November 2020

- Honestly as a Hayato I feel like the class gets neglected because it's one of the stronger non-KMS classes, but we have to optimize so many actions already to maximize our DPS. (Like animation cancelling the third strike of Rai Sanzenran to get more lines per second, casting Iaijutsu, skill positioning)

Please Nexon, for the love of god, this would be a great change to make :sob:
    desertblu3
  • desertblu3desertblu3
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2020
    It would be...but I highly doubt they're gonna do it anytime soon. Any balance changes they're gonna make they already made their mind for in the upcoming awake/balance patch. We'll see if they change anythin
  • desertblu3desertblu3
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2020
    It would be...but I highly doubt they're gonna do it anytime soon. Any balance changes they're gonna make they already made their mind for in the upcoming awake/balance patch. We'll see if they change anything there. Apparently our new 5th job skill is pretty bad as well lol.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    edited June 2021
    Still would be nice if Nexon would bring these changes.