[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.254 - Midnight Carnival - Ludibrium Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Gollux Pendant to Belt Exchange System Extension

KitnipsKitnips
Reactions: 300
edited December 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Request:
I believe the Superior Gollux Pendant to Gollux belt exchange event should keep on occurring, perhaps even indefinitely.

Background:
With the Gollux set changes on Nov 12, equpping two Gollux pendants has become a lot weaker. Players that did daily Gollux runs before the April update typically had multiple superior pendants, as they were part of the heart drop table, and pendant/pendant/earring/ring was often used to fulfill the Gollux 4 set bonus. After the change, the 4 set bonus can only be achieved through belt/pendant/ring/earring. Nexon has already addressed this issue through two exchange events, activated by equipping two Superior pendants that were acquired before Nov. 18, before a maintenance, which would trigger the event upon login. This event allowed you to change a pendant to a belt with the same potential tier and lines/starforce/scrolls/flames, barring accessory only lines, the details of which are outlined in the v218 patch notes. One of these events happened in the v218 maintenance, and I believe there was another one on Dec. 16 for v219, though I cannot find the notes for it as of this moment.

Drive to post:
I unfortunately returned to Maple after the v219 patch had finished, did not have two superior pendants equipped (had drop gear on), and was not able to access this exchange system. I believe that there are people like me who have returned, or may return in the future, who would appreciate the option to have this exchange that others in similar situations already have had.

Potential downsides:
1) There may be people with many pendants using this system through multiple maintenances, though I don't see many upsides to this, as pendants will eventually be less common than belts, with the drop table changes. I am a reboot player though, so I don't know the impact this will have on regular server markets.
2) This system being continued could have an affect on maintenance times, not sure how intensive this event check procedure actually is. Hopefully player satisfaction will outweigh this cost.

TL;DR: There is a precedent for exchanging Superior Gollux Pendant to Belt, and this option should continue to exist for any players that missed the times it has already happened.
  1. Extend [Gollux] Superior Gollux Pendant Exchange2 votes
    1. Yes
       50% (1 vote)
    2. No
       50% (1 vote)