[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Apparently EXP/Wealth Potion Selling is bannable

SenzuBeanSenzuBean
Reactions: 775
edited January 2021 in Bug Reporting
Yep you heard me right, Maplestory Autobanning system back at it again.

My story
Started from two months ago, grinded alot, made 3 Lv.200+ chars, normal stuff.
Did nothing too crazy, but the grind past Lv.200 is just insane I hated farming hard for a mere 10-20%/hr as someone who just came back from years ago.
And it was really bad, no mesos for even potions.. or equips.
Then I got an idea.
Potion Selling

The idea was get to lv.7+ Herbalism + lv.10 Alchemy
Farm Juniper Berry Seed Oil(component) then make pots and sell them on the Auction House.
It's slower than meso grinding, but it's a lot more chill as you can afk.

But I guess tragedy stuck when I started having enough funds to directly buy the oil from the Auction House instead of farming the oil myself.
After a month of selling potions I'd made 7B total meso, happy with the meso as a returnee I logged off.
But a day later I come to see I'm banned for alleged RMT(Real Money Trading).

For an RMT allegation to be true I must have been trading away massive amounts of mesos to someone who deals in RMT....
Oh damn...it can't be

I've always noticed in the Auction House there's always this fellow who sells up to 4k-7k batches of juniper oil.
And it's only possible to farm 6-10 oil per day.
So that means that I got banned because I happened to be buying from an oil seller that unknowingly turned out to be an oil farming bot that commits RMT.
What?!
What's the logic in this? I could be a frequent customer of a guy who sold oil in batches of 30-50 and spread them out to not be suspicious
And they actually ban me because of chance encounter?

I'm actually in disbelief
So I keep sending tickets about the validity of the argument they used to ban me, but they never answer with any insightful information.
5 Tickets all closed with the same stock rejection message.
Unable to appeal because ToS states that "[support cannot give any evidence pertaining to the ban to the banned]"
Which is like going into a court of law without the ability to cross examine and only able to sit for your doom.

My account has fallen unjustfully with almost a 0% chance of recovery

So this is my warning:

Don't go into potion selling unless you want to get unfairly banned

Comments

• PPloco123PPloco123
    Reactions: 200
    hi how is going with the ban ?
  • frostyyzfrostyyz
    Reactions: 100
    Just so everyone knows, the 6-10 oils per day is not true. I don't even know where he got that. I farm 50 oils per hour.