[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How does Ethereal Form work?

MawgMawg
Reactions: 1,350
edited January 2021 in General Chat
The explanation is not very enlightening. What does it actually do? Why would it be worth keeping/enhancing such a node?

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2021
    It's an extended invincibility frame. When you use it, instead of taking damage you lose MP instead.

The downside is you cannot use skills while invincible.
    Mawg
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited January 2021
    Well as a mage you become invincible for 3 and sometimes more seconds. How do you use this skill?

You use it when you see your going to get hit with something u know u cant survive. When i boss run on bishop when vellum or lucid dragon does breath i use the skill to absorb damage so i can stay alive.

Also use the skill in lotus, magnus and damian to jump over my party members and act as a human shield to destroy trucks or metoers coming down on party. Overall great skill just have to use it when feel the time is right.
    Mawg
  • OhGodWhyMEOhGodWhyME
    Reactions: 555
    edited January 2021
    Ethereal form is an I-frame.... and isn't at the same time. It redirects any damage taken to your MP, including %hp attacks. You will still die if you get hit by too many %HP attacks at once(for example Lucid's Sickle Attacks)
    Mawg
  • MawgMawg
    edited January 2021
    Neospector wrote: »
    It's an extended invincibility frame. When you use it, instead of taking damage you lose MP instead.

Ah, so it's a grown up Magic Guard ;-)
    Neospector wrote: »
    The downside is you cannot use skills while invincible.

with a downside F7

Thanks for clarifying

• MawgMawg
    edited January 2021
    riza wrote: »
    Well as a mage you become invincible for 3 and sometimes more seconds.

Also use the skill in lotus, magnus and damian to jump over my party members and act as a human shield to destroy trucks or metoers coming down on party. Overall great skill just have to use it when feel the time is right.

And, if the timing is wrong, then it's crispy fried mage ;-)

Thanks for the help, and suggestions of when to use it.

• rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited January 2021
    Mawg wrote: »
    riza wrote: »
    Well as a mage you become invincible for 3 and sometimes more seconds.

And, if the timing is wrong, then it's crispy fried mage ;-)

Thanks for the help, and suggestions of when to use it.

well that's not entirely true i go on lucid runs all the time and when i get hit by sickle and use ethereal form I never die. Cause im a bishop if ur a bishop lumi or beast tamer while ur in form u have to heal while in the form so when u get out u can heal damage before dying.

Also having a heavens door on u helps too so if u accidentally die the buff dies for u. Once u master the timing dying isnt a thing using that skill. when i do vellum runs some times i mess up and run on the wrong side during the blast and I usually end up walking through the blast unfazed.

But i say the ethereal form is the ultimate mage skill for defense all it's about is timing going into form as well as what ur going to do when ur out of form. as long as you master timing and knowing what to do it be a skill that you would like.
    Mawg