[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

which major boss gave you the hardest time?

KerqxonKerqxon
Reactions: 1,870
edited September 2016 in General Chat
For me it would be normal magnus, in the fact that you can't mess up in it at low range.
  1. which major boss gave you the hardest time to kill?34 votes
    1. Balrog
       6% (2 votes)
    2. Easy Zakum
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Normal Zakum
       0% (0 votes)
    4. Chaos Zakum
       6% (2 votes)
    5. Story Mode Lotus
       0% (0 votes)
    6. Story Mode Damien
       0% (0 votes)
    7. Normal Hillna
       0% (0 votes)
    8. Hard Hillna
       3% (1 vote)
    9. Easy Gollux
       0% (0 votes)
    10. Normal Gollux
       0% (0 votes)
    11. Hard Gollux
       3% (1 vote)
    12. Hell Gollux
       3% (1 vote)
    13. Normal Crimson Queen
       0% (0 votes)
    14. Chaos Crimson Queen
       0% (0 votes)
    15. Normal Pierre
       0% (0 votes)
    16. Chaos Pierre
       3% (1 vote)
    17. Normal Von Bon
       0% (0 votes)
    18. Chaos Von Bon
       3% (1 vote)
    19. Normal Vellum
       0% (0 votes)
    20. Chaos Vellum
       3% (1 vote)
    21. Normal Rnamaru
       0% (0 votes)
    22. Madman Ranmaru
       0% (0 votes)
    23. Normal Princess No
       0% (0 votes)
    24. Easy Cygnus
       9% (3 votes)
    25. Normal Cygnus
       3% (1 vote)
    26. Normal Pink Bean
       0% (0 votes)
    27. Chaos Pink Bean
       0% (0 votes)
    28. Easy Magnus
       0% (0 votes)
    29. Normal Magnus
       12% (4 votes)
    30. Hard Magnus
       15% (5 votes)
    31. Normal Lotus
       0% (0 votes)
    32. Hard Lotus
       6% (2 votes)
    33. Dorthy
       9% (3 votes)
    34. Normal Damien
       3% (1 vote)
    35. Hard Damien
       6% (2 votes)
    36. OTHER
       9% (3 votes)

Comments

• LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited September 2016
    Definitely normal Damien this boss is so op that u need a party quest to do it.
  • ElGusanitoElGusanito
    Reactions: 820
    edited September 2016
    I almost managed to solo hard Damien with my beginner char but when it was 1 hp left timer I got dc, I even had plenty time left to kill it
  • iyKagomeiyKagome
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited September 2016
    I hate to admit this but easy Cyngus still give me a hard time and I am at max visual stats.
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited September 2016
    Basically I didn't vote because it'd be easier to ask me what boss DOESN'T give me a hard time lol. I'm okay with easy and normal Zakum, normal Hilla, easy Magnus, and... :| I haven't tried easy or normal Gollux though.
  • ElGusanitoElGusanito
    Reactions: 820
    edited September 2016
    PhoenixKumo

Basically I didn't vote because it'd be easier to ask me what boss DOESN'T give me a hard time lol. I'm okay with easy and normal Zakum, normal Hilla, easy Magnus, and... :| I haven't tried easy or normal Gollux though.
    easy golux is the worst if considering you just do easy gollux if u are like super duper archi mega unfunded which means u will have too hard time killing it, even more than mano
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    edited September 2016
    Or if you try to do Hard gollux with 250k range.(which people are barely able to do takes 26 minutes if you got decent pdr and boss att)

also try NOT to die(harder than it sounds I'll tell you that)
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited September 2016
    Xerna said:

Or if you try to do Hard gollux with 250k range.(which people are barely able to do takes 26 minutes if you got decent pdr and boss att)

also try NOT to die(harder than it sounds I'll tell you that)
    Yeah, that's not happening with me. I'm but a humble Bishop with funding that could only go so far = 3=
  • ThrillersVNThrillersVN
    Reactions: 955
    edited September 2016
    Normal Magnus.
    He didnt give me time to rebuff.
    And i hate playing dodgeballs too.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    edited September 2016
    Deathmobs
    Deathmobs said:

Of the all the bosses I kill (excluding ones that are outside of my range limit), Vellum is hands down the most annoying. When he dies that is. I mean, seriously, that is the SLOWEST death sequence of any boss in the game! I'm all sittin there like, "Okay, gimmie my goodies now... any time... aaaaany time..."
    yea it is pretty much, BUT HEY it isn't as madman ranmaru where you got to kill him 5 times.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited September 2016
    I haven't done a lot of these specifically story mode bosses, princess No, normal lotus and everything below that. I've tried CRA but never succeeded.

So out of everything I've tried, Magnus is the most irritating. I can dodge the balls most of the time but the green mist screws me over.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited September 2016
    Normal Magnus would give me trouble if it wasn't for my range. Hard Magnus became a literal pain in the ass when that DoT effect came around. I probably won't attempt to solo him in awhile.

Most of the other bosses seem much easier but they just have a "DPS Check" to clear. I'd put Damien and CRA under that list.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    edited September 2016
    Its2Sharp4U

Normal Magnus would give me trouble if it wasn't for my range. Hard Magnus became a literal pain in the ass when that DoT effect came around. I probably won't attempt to solo him in awhile.

Most of the other bosses seem much easier but they just have a "DPS Check" to clear. I'd put Damien and CRA under that list.
    Chaos Vellum isn't a DPS check, YOU NEED SKILL TO KILL IT and need alot of DPS.(good luck avoiding the 4 tail instakill spams)

for me the Hardest thing about Normal magnus is the Meteors.( which is about 85% of my deaths)
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited September 2016
    Anything above Chaos Pink Bean level of difficulty...
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    edited September 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

Anything above Chaos Pink Bean level of difficulty...
    hmm that would be chaos Zakum, CRA, Lotus, Damien, etc.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited September 2016
    Kerqxon
    Kerqxon said:

Its2Sharp4U

Chaos Vellum isn't a DPS check, YOU NEED SKILL TO KILL IT and need alot of DPS.(good luck avoiding the 4 tail instakill spams)

for me the Hardest thing about Normal magnus is the Meteors.( which is about 85% of my deaths)
    Is it crazy for me to say that I prefer Chaos Vellum over Hard Magnus even though I can't beat both of them?

Chaos Vellum only gets difficult for me when he activates his green poison, but I never make it to that stage alone. Otherwise it's manageable for me. His beam attack, not quite sure... I have no practice on that yet due to lack of DPS.

Magnus? DoT, Immobility Gas, Skill Spam, RNG Meteors going at the speed of ASDFGHJ- yeah, no.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    edited September 2016
    Its2Sharp4U

Kerqxon
    Kerqxon said:

Its2Sharp4U

Is it crazy for me to say that I prefer Chaos Vellum over Hard Magnus even though I can't beat both of them?

Chaos Vellum only gets difficult for me when he activates his green poison, but I never make it to that stage alone. Otherwise it's manageable for me. His beam attack, not quite sure... I have no practice on that yet due to lack of DPS.

Magnus? DoT, Immobility Gas, Skill Spam, RNG Meteors going at the speed of ASDFGHJ- yeah, no.
    don't forget to get your heals working correctly you need to be in the blue barrier around him.