[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.225 Goo Island Getaway Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Is Paladin's Parashock Guard worthwhile for solo?

MawgMawg
Reactions: 1,150
edited February 21 in General Chat
My pally is currently only 215, but levelling quickly.

Parashock Guard, when maxed, gives
MP Cost: 32, Guard Chance: -20%, DEF: -20%, When nearby party members are hit (except yourself): Damage -20% and Guard Chance +20% , your Attack Power +20

I only ever solo, and that has been the case for 15 years, so unlikely to change. I currently do not boss, but that may well change as I level, just to get equips & funds for my other chars.

Since i only solo, it seems like this skill, for me, is a trade off of "Guard Chance: -20%, DEF: -20%" vs "Attack Power +20".

My current STR is 8627 and, crudely, each ATT is worth 4 (or is it 5?) STR..

So, I am trading -20% DEF against 80 or 100 STR, which doesn't seem worthwhile to me, but I don't really have an in-depth knowledge of the mechanics of the game, which is why I a asking you guys where I ought to use this skill or not.

Comments

• ProphetieProphetie
    Reactions: 915
    edited February 21
    Hi,
    While grinding, monsters will hit for 1 damage as long as you have enough Arcane Force
    While bossing, attacks will hit you for a percentage of your health making defense practically useless in all available content
    I personally always have it active

Paladin best class!

Wesleyx3