[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.254 - Midnight Carnival - Ludibrium Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Suggestions about Corsair(aslo with other player)

MaplemoonMaplemoon
Reactions: 100
If the game planner can see this suggestion and give a reply, I will be very grateful.

I hope to give some suggestions on the skill design of the captain---explorer priate.

1. The first is the consumption and acquisition mechanism of bullets and stars. As we all know, Corsair and Night Lord are the first professions, which require bullets or stars to use skills. These two do not have the same skill as archers--- has buff use skill without arrow, players need to consume 300 stars or bullets to turn on the buff for 3 minutes, so you need to carry a lot of use items.
After the big-bang update and professions system was launched, there has been no new design for stars and bullets for several years. At the same time, the maximum number of stars and bullets in each group has not been expanded.
Now it takes a long time fight monsters to level-up and boss battles. This is a big problem for these professions. There are few Corsair players, so it is very difficult to buy bullets in action house. At the same time, the recipe of bullets and stars of crafting professions can only be dropped from those monsters around 160-190 , which is inconsistent with the range where most players battle now.
I hope that Nexon can increase the maximum limit of each group of stars and bullets, and cancel the recipe requirements for crafting profession stars and bullets, Also I wish more new design of stars and bullets (the new bullets of Showa Town can only be obtained once per account, and I also hope to open daily quests can get or exchange more bullets from NPC shop) .

2. Since the RED version-Explorer skill remake, Corsair's skill design mainly focused on the summons-assisted to battle, but with the opening of the V-skill and the change of the new boss, some skills have become unreasonable.
For example, Scurvy Summons-the 2nd job advancement skill(also the characteristic skill), its attack speed, damage and range in the battle are almost useless, but because of its ability to resist the effect of abnormal conditions, it has to be used. And all of summons location are fixed after being summoned(Broadside-4th job skill),which makes them useless in moveable bosses, such as Lucid Phase II,Gloom, Verus Hilla and other bosses. At the same time, its cannon exploded when attacking the first monster, could not reach a larger range. The attack speed, attack range, and damage ratio of each crewmen were different, resulting in instability of damage.

I hope to redesign the summon skill, just like the follows:
Delete the 3rd job skill Octo-Cannon, all use the attack ship summons.
in 2nd job, The summon ship adopts the most early original boat design(now is mount skill get by 4th) and is driven by one crewman to attack(is unmoveable, disappear after 60s).
in 3rd job, enhance the summon ship , summons the ship adpots now 4th skill (Broadside) design, and is driven by one crewman to attack (is unmoveable, disappear after 90s)
in 4th job, summon a Secondary ship of Nautilus, driven by two crewmen(commander and first mate) to attack, attack skill is modified to penetrating shooting in skill area with 6 attacks * 8 monster. Each crew member can resist an abnormal state, but when both of them are sealed by abnoremal state, the summon disappered in 20s.(the summon can move each 10s to the location of player, and the priority attack direction is the monster mark by parrott(4th job skill Parrotargetting),the summons duration is 120s , cool down 60s , but can only be exist the only one)

The crewmen summon itself is a passive buff, just like now , and the buff effect can only take effect when the crewman ship is summoned to perform auxiliary operations.

3. The captain’s attack number per second is also low, although KoreanMS has opened the 150b damage cap, in the future, most profession may not face the problem of limit of skill damage. but some boss mechanisms such as Lucid's summons mushrooms and golems still need. In these situation, lower attack number profession is too difficult to clear many monster. The Corsair himself uses the gun, a long-range combat weapon, unexpectedly, one expand distance range choice exist in hyper skill, it is really ridiculous. I hope that the distance of the super skill can be added to the X axis of the skill(4th job skill- Rapid Fire), and this Add Range hyper skill can be change to increase the number of attack, the skill -Rapid Fire- itself should be 2 attack per hit, after add the hyper skill ,be modified to the final 3 attack each hit-just like the hyper skill of Bowmaster (of course, the damage percentage should be balanced, which needs to be test).
At the same time, I hope that the Eight-Legs Easton can be add to 8 attacks, and the octopus shooting will replace the dice in the hyper skill (Although many skills Corsair and the Buccaner’s skill is same name but different effect. They are two branches of pirates with completely different weapon and stats. I don’t think it is necessary to design the same hyper skill of dice. Also, the hyper skill of most professions is to strengthen the main attack skill. The super skill of the Corsair should also be changed to Eight-Leg Easton)

4. Finally,about the Corsair 4th job skill, Quickdraw , as one of the Corsair’s feature skills, it was first designed very well, but since we have too many skills and buff in the current stage , this bring a bad game experience. it also brings a lot of inconvenience in the boss battle. Of course, some players also have their habits of using this skill. So I hope it can be modified into a switch type, using the mouse to select manual/automatic mode. The manual mode still remains the current mechanism. In the automatic mode ,The skill is released automatically when it is activated . At the same time, one small skill buff icon will be displayed on the player's head after skill is released. After the skill release, it can be consumed by all next attack skill except Rapid Fire, just like the current mechanism.

5. At the same time, wished that the damage increase of Mahestic Presence in the cooldown time of the Nautlilus Strike can be moved to a passive effect.

The above are some of my suggestions on the design of Corsair skills ,as a Corsair player . I hope the game planner can see and give some feedback to the KoreanMS. The suggestions may not be very mature, but they represent the ideas of some players. We hope to see each profession is more balanced, each profession has its own characteristics and playability.

At the same time, while playing the pirate class, I also have the corresponding experience with the same class group-Buccanner. The 4th skill-Time Leap. It was designed cannot cancel the super skill and the 5th rank skill cooling. It seems that this skill is now useless when the 5th-skills have become main damage methods. Perhaps it can be considered change to cancel the cooldown of the Buccanner’s own Hyper skills and the V-skill Meltdown, because one of the characteristics of the Buccanner is energy and transformation. This may add more playability to this profession.

PS:
Of course, because I haven't experienced this profession for too long. I also hope every players can make more suggestions for their profession. In the current situation of Maplestory, in GMS, Kanna has a very high proportion, while the proportion of Adele players in KoreanMS is also abnormally high. This is not a good state for a game with more than 40 professions. The profession need balanced. Each profession should have their own characteristics. instead of focusing all the advantages on one profession to create gods. With the opening of the new map and 300levels, the game should also has changes, and the skill mechanisms of many professions should also make changes which allow players to better experience the fun of the game. Hope to see MapleStory game planning more efforts on this issue.

Hope a better MS tomorrow
Thank you.