[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

1 fps as soon as intro wizet movie plays

SuiteheartSuiteheart
Reactions: 100
in Tech Support
Game was working just fine yesterday and today, I opened the game and as soon as the wizet logo appears, it goes 1-5 fps.

There's no additional load on my system and nothing seems weird on the performance monitor. I've tried forcing dx12 and changing the affinity/priority of the app with only a marginal (+3-4 fps) increase in performance. I also have the most current video driver installed (note that this was the case even before the problem started) and have allowed nexon through my firewall and avast antivirus.

Something also to notice is that Windows 10 doesn't recognise Maple Story as a running app and i'm unable to view it in sound settings or volume mixer for some reason.
Has anyone else experienced this issue? and if so, is there a fix available?

System Specs:
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
32Gb RAM
GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER

Comments

• SuiteheartSuiteheart
    Reactions: 100
    edited March 2021
    I've found a temporary fix to this issue which is very strange.

I have multiple storage partitioned named (:X) and (:Y) and maple was downloaded in Y. After my problem, I redownloaded maplestory into X and it worked perfectly.
    The next day, the exact same issue occurred so i redownloaded back into the Y drive and it worked again.

I like maple enough to be willing to do this before each play session but please for the love of god why is this happening.