[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Getting taxed on karma coin?

kenjitsusenkenjitsusen
Reactions: 500
edited March 2021 in Rants and Raves
Decided to get back into the game and said why not try out the marvel machine so I purchased 10$ of karma coin went to put in the code and only got 9200nx out of it. I'm sure there is a post somewhere saying they tax it now but I literally had no idea and was annoyed as I was hoping to get 2 spins for the 10$ I put into the game. Not really angry as it was only 10$ just disappointed. Glad I only purchased 10$ lmao as this will be the last purchase ever made. Flames welcomed.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2021
    There isn't really a tax on karma koin, however karma koin prices are pegged to USD and do reflect their value in other currencies. If you purchased the card in one of the currencies that is worth less than a USD dollar, that amount is reflected in the sale.

If you purchased the card with USD, you might want to check with the store that sold you the card and/or code, as they may have short-changed you.
  • kenjitsusenkenjitsusen
    Reactions: 500
    edited March 2021
    The receipt says 10$ and it is USD so just really confused. says on my email from nexon I got taxed 68cents appreciate the quick reply just makes you not want to spend money haha.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2021
    https://maplestory.nexon.net/news/52936/addition-of-sales-tax-when-purchasing-nx-us-canada

TL;DR: It's not Nexon short-changing you, it's your state demanding its share of your $10.