[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Elite bosses are a waste of time

eugenefireeugenefire
Reactions: 1,030
edited July 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
At minimum, an eboss spawn takes up a full minute of your time (5 seconds to spawn, 30 seconds for damage immunity to fall off, 20 seconds for reward stage, 5 seconds for monsters to respawn). In this minute, you can kill 100-200 monsters. The exp rewards for the bonus stage are paltry. A large exp orb gives 1/20th of the exp of a single mob with 0 exp buffs. The meso bags give less than what a normal mob on reboot drops.

In short, ebosses are a colossal waste of time, and if we didn't lose our map, we would just cc to avoid them.

Solutions:

1. Have the eboss directly drop rewards and remove the reward stage. The reward stages are tedious and not fun. Trying to catch bubbles is not fun. Just have them drop so we can pick them up and move on with grinding.

2. Massively buff exp and meso gains from ebosses. At minimum, the exp and meso gained from killing an eboss needs to be equivalent to killing 100 mobs, because that's what we're missing out on when one spawns.

3. Give better rewards. Epots are only useful for legion mules and brand new players. The other rewards are absolute garbage (occults come in the thousands from regular bossing anyway and the soul shards are actually useless). Ebosses spawn roughly every 90 minutes. They can give nodestones and symbols and it wouldn't break the game in any way. Even if they dropped droplets, it wouldn't break the game.

4. Remove the 30 second invulnerability buff. This is a relic from the past, and is no longer needed. Let us delete these wastes of time from our maps so we can continue playing the game.

Caveats:

Ebosses do drop epic equipment with high chance for decent flames. These are beneficial for newer players and legion mules. Just have the eboss directly drop equipment and problem solved.

And that's the only thing I can think of. PLEASE BUFF EBOSSES
chupleygaspard

Comments

• ExodiaMaxExodiaMax
    I actually kind of agree with this... also scaling the hp so that noobs like myself could solo kill within the timer would not be such a bad thing too... u know like the leigon dragon... a certain person cannot more than a a certain % of the hp.. so like the hp grows as more people enter the map....i.e. 1 person (noob) need to hit 1m hp. A pro enters the map (the boss scales to the hp apporprate to both the noob + the pro... and if the pro hits hard? Guess what.. the EB is invul until the noob finishes his 1m hp... and setting a limit for platers might not be so bad too... i.e who arrives get first = gets to hit the boss.. the others just miss as well... might not be so bad if it comes down like this... no fuss (thats what i think anyways) also yes we highly need an increase in exp for E boss....