[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Classic Maplestory Lab Server

xMrMeowxMrMeow
Reactions: 1,625
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Classic Maplestory is super nostalgic for a lot of players that have been playing since the beginning, and while I think the massive amount of content added over the many years makes new maple a lot better, it'd still be very cool to have a way to at least get a peak at the way the game used to be.

I think an event similar to Lab Server where all players are encouraged to try out an alternate mode of Maplestory to get rewards on their main world, but instead have it be a Maple Classic server, would be a great way for old players to relive some nostalgia and for newer players to see what the game used to be like, without the devs having to make it a permanent server that has to be maintained and updated.

It wouldn't even have to have all the areas in the game, not that there were nearly as many places as there are today. I could just have a portion of what was around back then. I think it'd be best to have it either be after Pirates were released, or after Cygnus Knights.

It'd also probably be best if the rewards weren't scaled so high as progressing to even second job took quite a bit of time. Perhaps making the max reward for training 5 characters to second job or something.
  1. Would you play a on a temporary Classic Maplestory Server if it rewarded you similar to Lab Server?1 vote
    1. Yes
       100% (1 vote)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2021
    Please review the code of conduct:
    - Old Maple: Do not create threads pertaining to Old Maple Servers, Legacy Server, Pre-Big Bang Servers, etc. You can talk about previous versions of MapleStory for memories and nostalgia's sake, but discussions surrounding starting up new services or servers are not allowed.
This discussion has been closed.