[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Goo Gachapon is a bad event.

WhorificWhorific
Reactions: 1,865
edited September 2021 in Rants and Raves
While I appreciate the free NX items, event progression should never be based entirely on luck. There's a small chance that despite doing everything possible, you would still not be able to complete the event. RNG events only lead to frustration. To make it even worse, the coin drop rate for it was ridiculously low. I've spent far too many hours grinding. It took one of my characters until the penultimate day to finally get lucky enough to finish it. Some players may have had worse luck than that. An event that makes you grind for hours, even with drop coupons, and has a possibility to make the entire effort for naught should never have been considered, or at least, not without some sort of exchange or pity system that reduces the RNG reliance.