[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Bring Frenzy Totem Back.

SerialThiefSerialThief
Reactions: 600
edited October 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello everyone I wanted to talk about the subject of the frenzy totem before i started and I will say that I have not played the game for over a year and a half almost two years. and now when I come back I am very disappointed to understand that one object controls the whole game and others do not have the opportunity to get it.
And for those who already have it being abused by wanting to sell it for unrealistic amounts especially the game announces that it should not be done. I really hope nexon will read what I write here and take it to the crossroads of their hearts.
In no game in the world is there a single object that causes such a significant change. I would really like to know what you think about this issue. So I would suggest that the object be returned to marvel
Or to phi books. So that everyone would have the chance to achieve it. let me know what you think about that. And by the way I am 30 years old and it really hurts me to see what the game has become and what people have turned it into that instead of enjoying it they are looking for personal gains.

Comments

• fatLovelyfatLovely
    edited October 2021
    Hello everyone I wanted to talk about the subject of the frenzy totem before i started and I will say that I have not played the game for over a year and a half almost two years. and now when I come back I am very disappointed to understand that one object controls the whole game and others do not have the opportunity to get it.
    And for those who already have it being abused by wanting to sell it for unrealistic amounts especially the game announces that it should not be done. I really hope nexon will read what I write here and take it to the crossroads of their hearts.
    In no game in the world is there a single object that causes such a significant change. I would really like to know what you think about this issue. So I would suggest that the object be returned to marvel
    Or to phi books. So that everyone would have the chance to achieve it. let me know what you think about that.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2021
    Frenzy Totem won't be added again. It would be better for the game if it stayed as a legacy item. You're silly if you think people won't sell it for what it's worth even if you think it's "unrealistic."
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited October 2021
    Sorrow wrote: »
    Frenzy Totem won't be added again. It would be better for the game if it stayed as a legacy item. You're silly if you think people won't sell it for what it's worth even if you think it's "unrealistic."

The problem is this legacy time is powerful while Nexon is nerfing Kishin and making Fury Totems inferior in terms of effect and availability. This isn't like a legacy Mark of Beta which has no effect on the game. Removing access to the item is not the same as deleting it from existence from current owners. While kishin and RP totems and nerfed and the availability sucks, Frenzy owners are unscathed and cutting access to totems doesn't help. Frenzy owners get to profit more from service when there are less spawn enhancers (both Kish and Fury Totems.) Frenzy owners can sell their totems for absurd prices on the black market due to its effects and them being very limited in quantities. Other powerful (or broken) items such as Breath of Divinity, Firestarter Rings, Lucid Earrings, Outlaw Hearts, Perm Teleport Rocks and Battleroids aren't worth that much because they come back during events. These items aren't sold as high as Frenzy since are obtainable from lucky pulls, meso/item trades and unfortunately, the black market (not at Frenzy's price.)

Discontinuing the supply to Frenzy is the worst answer since that makes Frenzy more valuable in the black market (Nexon doesn't benefit from a Frenzy Totem being purchased.) Deleting Frenzy to force people to use Kishin and Fury Totems would eliminate the gap between Frenzy and Kishin and Fury Totem users, but the war would be shifted to Kannas, 2PC users and people with totems vs people who train on base spawn. Removing spawn enhancers (Frenzy, Fury and Kishin) would make everyone equal except the new characters that would train on base rates from now on.

I've been in favor of reintroducing Frenzy back into the game as well as buffing Kishin, Fury Totems and availability of spawn enhancers. Frenzy should be the best enhancer, but there should be alternatives so that Frenzy isn't completely broken.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2021
    As powerful as this item may be, I believe they can solve this issue by making high EXP dungeons or group raids with fixed spawn rate. (Similar to Utah Farm, etc.)
    If these dungeons can flat out beat the EXP rate Frenzy can offer it might be a better solution? We also need dungeons/raids that offer a comparable Mesos rate. Ursus/etc. are okay but they are not great.