[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Quest helper randomly(?) disappears

apmapm
Reactions: 715
edited October 2021 in Bug Reporting
Since v227, i've seen my quest helper disappear seemingly randomly. Sometimes it is completely closed, forcing me to manually select quests to show in the quest helper, and sometimes i've found that it got moved to the top left corner (overlapping / overlapped by the minimap).
I haven't quite figured out when it happens, but it often happens when i just logged in to the character in question.
I can confirm one time it got closed when i entered a fritto portal. I can imagine it's handy to temporarily close the quest helper during fritto, but it would be nice if it gets restored afterwards. This one time tho, it got completely closed, as in: it retained no quest information. so i had to go to the quest UI to manually show the quests in progress in the quest helper again. It's kind of annoying having to do that all the time, can someone look into this?
Also the way it worked before, when you logged in, even if you weren't doing any quests, there would be an 'empty' quest helper visible. Now sometimes that is gone, as if it automatically got closed when it sees there are no quests to show.

World: Aurora
Character: several of my chars. i don't think it discriminates.
Time of occurrence: Since the start of v227.
Steps to reproduce: one way is probably to start some daily quest, then just logout and relog. Then again, it may not always work?