[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

No logic behind the restrictions in Europe

ACMUACMU
Reactions: 820
edited October 2021 in General Chat
Being a Belgian player i got used to the restrictions from Maple since a couple of years.
Whenever i play in Belgium, I have to abide by the Belgian laws which is totally normal.
So did my French and German friends have to follow the Belgian laws whenever they visited me.
On the other hand when i visited them I could follow the laws in their country (without the restrictions) which is 100% logical.

Nexon altered all that this month resulting in totally absurd situations.
When a foreigner visits Belgium now he can play in Belgium without any restrictions (and I guess it is the same for the Netherlands)
When Belgian (or Dutch) players go on holiday to other countries they are still discriminated and can not play according to the laws of that country.
This results in the issue that the system creates discrimination and on the other hand that the laws of the country where one plays are not respected.
The system like it used to be till now where it mattered where you were playing instead of where your account was created made a lot more sense.
Since my partner lives abroad we travel all the time and where the old system was acceptable for both, the new one is illogic and just makes us want to quit.

P.S. It just took a couple of weeks to find a compensation for the Dutch players whereas Nexon still has not found one for the Belgian players, maybe they can explain the logic behind that one as well. Not that it would have cost them anything to include the Belgians in the Dutch compensation event.
Guess we better remember not to count on compensation if your country is up for the next nerf, seems to be totally random if they make an effort or not.