[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Ghostwood Stumpy

BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
Reactions: 1,395
edited January 2022 in General Chat
I am right now having a problem I have EVERY time one of my alts hits lvl 182 or so - Ghostwood Stumpy.

This thing has some sort of OTK attack that always seems to hit me if I get close, and I have yet to figure out any way to protect myself or avoid it or even figure out what keeps hitting me. I can't even use hit and run to wear him down because HE HEALS!

Every time this happens it's like I'm flushing my hard earned buffs just to take this accursed thing down, not to mention the 3 million mesos a pop just to remove the Death Penalty (which keeps me from getting the Quest drop I need). WHAT am I doing wrong? WHAT does he keep hitting me with??

Seriously, nobody on reddit seems to have an answer. Can someone fill me in here?

Comments

• PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited January 2022
    Ghostwood Stumpy, for whatever reason, can hit 6 times with each attack (the stomp attack and the breath attack), which is why you're getting one-shot.
  • BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited February 2022
    Well, I'm here again, after another alt hits the level where this quest becomes available and is one-shot five times in a row.
    Ghostwood Stumpy, for whatever reason, can hit 6 times with each attack (the stomp attack and the breath attack), which is why you're getting one-shot.

Great, any ideas on how to fight him without getting hit??

I swear, it happens with every alt, I try and try and try, but keep getting clobbered. What's the secret??

Seriously I'm sick of flushing my buffs and spending all my Mesos on freezers, am I missing something? WHY is this guy so hard? I have more luck with actual bosses.

SOMEONE throw me a bone here!