[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Dragon pets animation not visible w. other effects

OdedOded
Reactions: 880
edited May 2022 in Bug Reporting
I would like to report a bug with the Dragon pets from the Cash Shop, where their animation, that appears when 3 pets are equipped at once, either gets cancelled by other items/sets' animations/effects, or cancels out other items/sets' animations/effects.

Clip I made showcasing the bug: https://vimeo.com/715391146

It turned out a little messy, my bad for that. what I was trying to showcase in this clip, is how various different items/sets of items with their own animations or effects, affect and/or are affected by the Dragon pets' animation. I chose a few examples of both sets and individual items (which ill list down at the end of this post) to showcase said bug.
I started with equipping different NX items: two NX sets and two individual NX items with their own relative animations/effects.
As you can see, as soon as I had equipped a set in full, and it's animation appeared, the Dragon pets' animation had disappeared, and as soon as I unequipped a single piece of the set, making the set's animation no longer in-effect, the Dragon pets' animation had been visible again.
Same goes for when equipping the shoes or the hat I used; both of those items' effect is making your character float, and they did, but as result of this bug, cancelled out the pets' animation effect as soon as I equipped them, and when I unequipped them the pets' animation was back.
I then switched to non-NX items, I chose two sets as example: the Blizzard Set and Android Set.
In opposed to the NX items, when equipping one of those sets in full, it's animation had NOT taken effect, and was basically replaced/cancelled out by the present Dragon pets' animation, rather than, of course, appearing simultaneously.
When I unequipped one of the Dragon pets, and hence made their Dragon animation disappear (as again, 3 of the pets must be equipped at once for the animation to take effect), the non-NX set's animation had appeared.
P.S. :
(1) ANY item/set with an animation like that I can only assume is affected/affects the same way as these examples I used are, hence they're "examples". I personally tried a decent amount of items, but chose just to showcase a few to not make it go on for too long. Point is, this means obviously that this bug applies to ALOT more items used with these pets.
(2) I chose to showcase the bug by equipping and unequipping, but the same applies for toggling the effects on and off via the equipment UI. The result is the same.

You (Nexon) had fixed a list of items affected by this exact bug, during the LIVE patch a few months ago (under "Item Improvements"): https://maplestory.nexon.net/news/70205/v-228-on-air-glimpse-of-joy-patch-notes.

This particular set of pets is very popular and had been around since ever. I see a decent amount of people with these particular pets around towns.
Myself personally and a couple close friends of mine, had invested ALOT into these pets, evolving them (getting them to the required level) and more importantly transforming them into the black version (which usually costs ALOT of money, since it's a random and a VERY small chance, done for 3 separate pets).
Needless to say, we've been rocking them regularly for a while now, and not being able to use other items for their animations because of this bug is highly bothersome and more so unfair, as it leaves many cool and expensive (speaking of money) items bought mostly or entirely for their animations/effects utterly useless and wasted.
Please fix this bug for these pets as well ASAP, and make it work as intended again.
Thank you.

List of items used in the clip:
NX Items:
- Black Dragon x 3 [Evolved 'Dragon' pets (level 15) transformed into the Black form].
- Vampire Phantom Set: Vampire Phantom Hat, Vampire Phantom Boots, Vampire Phantom Suit, Vampire Phantom Cape, Vampire Phantom's Fate.
- (one of the) Horoscope Set(s): Horoscope Hat (Aquarius), Horoscope Overall (M), Horoscope Shoes, Horoscope Sword.
- Spirit Steps
- Mint Snow Cap (M)
Non-NX Items:
- Android Set: Android Headgear, Android Gloves, Android Vest, Android Legs, Android Boots.
- Blizzard Set: Blizzard Helmet (M), Blizzard Armor (M), Blizzard Gloves, Blizzard Cape, Blizzard Boots.

Comments

• WizardBeauWizardBeau
    Reactions: 1,811
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2022
    I’ve experienced some of those items conflicting with stuff too, definitely would be nice to see ‘em fixed.