[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Max skills on Beast Tamer or give free +All Skill

thrakkesthrakkes
Reactions: 2,135
edited July 2022 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Beast Tamer is the only class which cannot max all her skills. So the class highly relies on +All Skill Level, a thing which will become a legacy source in a few months. It has been a thing for Hat since the +All Skill Level from Hat Potential was removed in Autumn 2021. And now, we learned the mother version of MapleStory (KMS) just removed to possibility to obtain +All Skill Lv from Magnificent Soul Weapon.

https://orangemushroom.net/2022/06/30/kms-ver-1-2-366-maplestory-ignition-cygnus-knights-remaster/
It is appearing in the Potential Lines section at the end of the second third of the web page.

With the All Skill Level being removed from Hat potential, there were some players who already rolled good potential on their Royal Dunwitch Hat (Root Abyss Set), so they are ready to maintain their recommended +All Skill Level for the Genesis Scepter obtention, pre-Destiny and post Destiny with the extra SP we just obtained from leveling up to Lv250. So imagine players who never got to make a good Royal Dunwitch Hat in time, they will never be able to have the same playstyle as the prepared players.

It is even worse with the Magnificent Soul Removal. With this All Skill Level stat from Magnificent Soul being removed, this Legacy issue is becoming more serious, especially for the players who eventually want to change Root Abyss set for Eternal Set (Lv250 equipment). Players who already obtained Genesis Scepter at this moment will still have a chance to obtain +2 All Skill Level before the source removal. Reboot player already struggle trying to obtain the Hatching Badge as their only way to obtain Dragonoir Familiar is to open Roro Booster Pack, rare to get. These players also struggle for obtaining +2 All Skill from magnificent soul since they cannot trade. No much an issue for regular server with Auction House, but still unfair.
End game players who obtained +2 All Skill Level on Genesis Scepter already and desire to obtain the Eternal Set will be the only ones to fully maintain the optimal skill SP build with +3 All Skill Level with the best equipment of the game. Sure another player can try to obtain Passive +1 All Skill Level from Inner Ability, but it doesn’t benefit as much as a regular permanent source of All Skill Level. And there is a +1 All Skill level source from Familiar Potential, but it is not recommended to go for it, plus it eliminates the possibility to obtain more useful stat potential compared to the legacy player situation.

Having more SP can offer a better gameplay experience, but the future players who wish to play Beast Tamer in a long term will never get the same gameplay experience as veteran players and it is not fun for these people. There is no reason to punish players like this and the community sees no reason to not max all the skills, especially with some inconveniences. Especially if one player wants to train as Snow Leopard with every single skill, includes Party Time. On the optimal building with +3 All Skill Level, because Party Time requires too much SP to unlock it, we cannot obtain it. Else I would need +4 All Skill level and let Hawk - Veteran formation pretty low level. The thing is we are losing damage from Baby Bomber when it's time to burst on bossing with Tornado Flight. One player would need to reset SP just to be able training efficiently on Snow Leopard. Why is that a thing?? Even on my journey for Lv280, when we still had 593 SP (pre-Destiny), I did a full reset to mix leopard/hawk and obtain Cat-Meow/Gold Card, I had to discard Bear mode...

I can show what a Beast Tamer build at the end looks, mainly how the SP skill trees should be:
https://youtu.be/FMaYc-ePtTE

Forgot to show another Hat I am using as well, to do daily quest in Cernium and higher as Leopard I am also using a Chaos Vellum Helmet with +5 All Skill total to increase attack skills for heavier damage and lower cooldown on Three-Point Pounce + Advanced Thunder Dash.
Right now, I have the option to apply Magnificent Soul until getting +2 All Skill Level on my Genesis Scepter. I will do it pretty soon because I plan to make a better Hat, I only have 1 good potential line on Bonus Potential here and I don't want to lose my build, in preparation of getting Eternal Set.

We had some discussions in the Beast Tamer community discord about solutions how to fix this Legacy issue, so everyone can play Beast Tamer equally without relying on Legacy items.

Beast Tamer Community Recommendation:

With all the All Skill Level source removals and future issues coming described before this section, we recommend to max every skill. We propose solutions to apply this recommendation:

-SP assigned to animal requirement removal. It greatly limits the players to assign SP on as many skills as possible, even with +All Skill Level. The biggest barrier
-Change Skill Level requirement to unlock the next animal skill from Lv1 to 5 except the skills which the Master Level is lower than 10.
-Master Level reduction of several skill to be able to fully use the 743 SP and not missing SP
-Possibility to merge/remove skills if applicable. Example of two useless skills since v.233 Destiny : Remastered = Bear - Dumb Luck and Cat - Pur-Powered (the class now has 100% Knockback Resistance from Growth Spurt at beginner tab)

Another possibility, if not applying the whole list above, might be the most simple solution bracket below.

-Scepter Mastery - additional effect with existing ones: When equipping Scepter weapon, obtain +3 All Skill Level (extra SP obviously won’t count for required animal SP to unlock the next skill)
-Table Flip: Passive: +1 All previous Fort Skill Level
-Party Time: Passive: +1 All previous Lai Skill Level
-Tornado Flight: Passive: +1 All previous Eka Skill Level
-Cat’s Cradle Blitzkrieg: Passive: +1 All previous Arby Skill Level
*SP assigned to animal requirement removal really needs to be implemented or else there is a need to reduce Master Level of Veteran Formation to Lv10*
**Caution: The extra SP from All Skill Level is not counted for any requirement, so if we want to force players to put minimum SP to level skills at a little slower pace, Change Skill Level requirement to unlock the next animal skill from Lv1 to 5 except the skills which the Master Level is lower than 10. **

Receive a free SP Reset Scroll once reaching Lv250 if a player is messing up when assign SP while leveling.
PseudoSeeleUxie

Comments