[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can we please get rid of couple restrictions?

NikiCDawgNikiCDawg
Reactions: 1,140
edited July 2022 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I was excited to buy the Planetarium ring for a friend of mine and myself, as we have alot of inside jokes about it. We aren't in a relationship, we aren't pursuing each other, we are just good friends. However, the ring says that you can only use it for one male and one female character. He happens to main a female character, and I play a female character because I (unfortunately) am one. However, because of Nexon's archaic restrictions I cannot gift this ring. I am desperate to know why this and other systems in the game are like this.

In game marriage being restricted to only Male and Female characters is downright asinine. You receive in game benefits (onyx apples from apq) but you have to find a male character to do this. What if all my friends play female characters? If the game is honestly stuck back in the 1880s that being with another woman is bad, fine, but most of my friends are dudes who play girls. Why do i have to go out of my way to set something up to get married to a mule or some random person when i would rather get married to a friend or god forbid my actual boyfriend who exclusively plays female characters.

Why are clothes gender locked? Why? Not only does this make it so I cannot anvil my CRA top and bottom, but it makes it so annoying to get gear that's male only. We all know that the characters use the same base; there is no difference between male and female characters besides being hardcoded in character creation. Its the same body shape, and all the gendered traits are layers added on top. Why? Why make the game more restricted? Its honestly just extra work for no reason.

Why are royal hair and face still locked? Wouldn't it be easier to just have two types? One ticket for "female" hairs and the other for "male" hairs? Heck, putting all 12 hairstyles on the same coupon would make Nexon more money. Needing to wait for super rare events to get opposite gender hairs is really, really stupid. I don't know much about where their money comes from but i cant help but feel they are losing some with this system.

Overall, we have been asking for a change for literally the past decade and all we receive are shrugs. Its been really old and the fact i cant get a dang star dome with a friend shows how stupid this system is and has been for years. I want an actual reply and an actual reason that this is still an issue, and if Daddy Korea really wants to keep this system in, why.

Really sucks you arent getting my six bucks Nexon, fix it so i can pay you.

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2022
    I can understand Nexon wanting to keep marriage only between opposite sex for cultural or marketing reasons. I don't have too big an issue against that, it's their game and they can set the tone all they want.
    If this were a game where it were more easy to tell the difference between the two and the marriage system didn't offer gameplay benefits I wouldn't care about keeping it the way it is. But as you said, that bleeds into gameplay and the differences between the sexes are so small half the time you can't even tell what the sex of the character you're looking at is.
    As of right now, it's basically just a flag which adds minor annoyance to the game. Either remove the gender flags entirely or make the differences more distinct while offering an alternative to APQ.