[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Functionality] My Home: Gas Oven Issues

AK712AK712
Reactions: 1,840
edited August 2022 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Functionality

Brief bug summary: My Home: Gas Oven Item Loses Boolean Value After Unload From Server

More details: When using the Gas Oven item in the My Home content, the oven should remain on for the entire six hours that the bread is being baked; however, after a person's house is unloaded from the game and moved back to the server, the boolean value (or possibly byte value) for the Gas Oven being on is set back to false (or 0) no matter what. I put in a ticket for this problem (Ticket #1220742), but the response was as follows:

Xp30Pit.png

This clearly isn't correct, because visiting a different person's home, leaving the house and exiting My Home, changing channels, switching characters, and even logging out of the game will keep the oven on as long as you return as soon as possible. It is only after an unknown amount of time (from my testing, less than ten minutes but more than five) that the oven mysteriously turns off, and I am assuming it is when the house is unloaded from its channel and moved back to the server as boolean/byte values. I should also note that if someone else sits in your house, the oven stays on, which also contradicts the ticket.

Steps to reproduce: Start the oven in your My Home content. Then do any number of the following in any order: visit another house, exit the house content, change channels, switch characters, or exit the game; but then come back to your My Home as soon as possible. The oven will still be baking the bread. However, do any of the same things and wait ten minutes to come back to your house, and the oven will have been turned off.

Character name: AK7123

Character level: 239

Character job: Hero

World name: Elysium

Date and time of the incident: August 10th, 2022 1:08:10 UTC
mjgj96