[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Kaiser's Nova Guardians skill in Gloom

XaltrexXaltrex
Reactions: 200
in Bug Reporting
Bug Type: Skill / Boss(?)

Brief Bug Summary: The summons of Kaiser's 5th Job skill, Nova Guardians, do not target and teleport to Gloom (Normal / Chaos) if they were summoned outside of the range of Gloom, instead remaining fixed to their location and doing nothing.

More Details:

Kaiser's Nova Guardians skill summons 3 Kaisers that will track and teleport to enemies to attack (meaning if a target is outside of the summons' range, they will teleport to that target in order to attack). However, in Gloom (Normal / Chaos), any one of the 3 Kaisers that aren't summoned next to Gloom will not teleport to the boss and will remain fixed in its current location, resulting in wasted damage unless the Kaisers are resummoned (and doing this may not guarantee that all 3 of them will be resummoned next to the boss).

Video Footage:

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Enter Gloom (Normal / Chaos) on a Kaiser.
2. Use the Nova Guardians skill (the bug becomes more apparent if used on the corners of the map due to random placement).

Character Name: Xaltrex

Character Level: 275

Character Job: Kaiser

World Name: Reboot (exists on all worlds)

Date and Time of the Incident: September 6, 2022 at 12:00 AM EST (but existed at least as early as January 2021 if not earlier) (edited)

Comments

• XaltrexXaltrex
    edited September 2022
    Additional Info: Normally, I would've just chalked this up to a skill bug that might have been fixed in a future KMS patch. However, there are two things that I've found upon further research into this bug that leads me to believe otherwise.

1. Digging through KMS footage of Kaisers in Gloom showed that this bug does not exist in KMS. Below is the oldest video of a Kaiser in Gloom in the KMS server that I was able to find (dated January 9, 2021), and at multiple points in this video it can be seen that the summons do in fact teleport to the boss to attack as they are supposed to (which they currently do not in GMS as described above). This occurs at 0:56, 4:50, 9:01, 15:28, and 17:47.

2. Looking through the footage of my own solo of Normal Gloom (dated June 16, 2020, around the time of the Gloom/Darknell revamp) showed that this bug had not existed back then. In the below video, it can be seen at 13:54 and 19:17 that any summons that were out of range of Gloom will track and teleport to the boss as they are supposed to.

Given this, it becomes apparent that this bug appears to be specifically a GMS issue (or at the very least, not a KMS one) that must have sprung up at some point between June 2020 and January 2021. Whether this issue has to do with the skill or with Gloom itself (or a combination of both), I hope that it can be looked into, as this skill has had a reputation among Kaiser players for being a bugged skill in bossing.
  • XaltrexXaltrex
    edited October 2022
    Still an issue as of v236
  • XaltrexXaltrex
    edited June 2023
    Still an issue as of v242.1, despite the Savior patch notes saying otherwise.

lNfYVao.png
  • XaltrexXaltrex
    edited June 2023
    Fixed as of v242.2.0