[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Monster Life impossible for new players.

KhongiKhongi
Reactions: 2,140
edited September 2022 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Unsure if any of this gets back to the developers but here it goes.

It's impossible for players to play Monster Life. In order to progress and level up you need to complete quests. These quests are either 'nurture' (done on your own farm) or 'play' quests (done on another player's farm.) You can only play/nurture monsters that have not timed out.

Here is where the problem/road block to level lies.

There is a mirror that takes you to active (inactive are ignored) farms in order to complete these 'play' quests, the issue is, now, all "active" farms are max level 40 (occasionally 30-40) and they are all full of either S class bird monsters or Devilish monsters or full of SS class "special" monsters... like this ...
smqs7wf.jpeg

I have tried to get back into Monster life and my quests have been
Play with 10 C class monsters
Play with 5 Golems
Play with 5 Spirits

Good luck with that. I had 2hrs of game time yesterday and I gave it a whole hour to find C class (found none) and Golems (found three)... a hour! I was able to reset my quests that I didn't complete, and it gave me slimes, nurture Reptiles and the C class again. It put me right off even trying.

The next issue is combining monsters in order to have a variety of monster types to nurture, most of the time I'm given a cat or a devilish, doesn't matter what I combine those have been my results. How am I to nurture plants and a variety of other monsters if all I ever get is cats and devilish??? I have no clue where everyone is getting these S class birds I'm seeing because all I'm getting is A - A+ cats.

A quick fix to this would be reassigning the SS "specials" (since they are what everyone has in abundance) and assign them different monster classes like Golem (for example), that or increase the EXP received when a quest is completed.