[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

5th job rehaul idea

ChainsparkChainspark
Reactions: 710
edited January 26 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Dear nexon na/korea

It’s shown that a lot of those skills, in 5th job, were actually kinda natured to be overlays in thought process, instead of just skill damage boosts (adding effects to skills 1-5th skills fixes them being just there in the data)(animation upgrades are super as well)
That’s kinda why the nodes of skills are not really useful for most classes, and causes both even more data waste and lack of path differentiation.

Referencing the idea of node upgrades(changing both stats and skill animations) for stuff like quad star for nl is 100% ignore on quad, Quin could be 100% crit, and tt could benefit from greater instances of chance of dot and final attack.

Cannon could receive dual elements from the node upgrade. Cannon Spike could increase crit damage on mobs) Scatter shot could add dot. Barrel bomb could benefit pre node enhancing from a charge up mechanic. Mortar could benefit from unidirectional (3 direction use) (front back and top). The upgraded anchor(6th job version could benefit from 8 direction or all direction pulling). Cannon final attack would inferably by extra rockets/hits on main attacking skills or effects on mobs(animations on non main attacking skills)

Cadenas skills link. That is it. And she is off the chain op.

Also have some ideas about quests as an added option of math questions to quests for a possible nx non effected kids server would be amazing for relations/name progression with things like pandemics causing school issues. Quests that give extra exp from math problems and actual quests that are useful as kids appreciate story way more.

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2023
    Why does this post read like it's talking about 4 different games at the same time? It's not just me, right?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2023
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Why does this post read like it's talking about 4 different games at the same time? It's not just me, right?

Not just you. This person has been regaling the official Discord with this sort of thing for a while now.
  • ChainsparkChainspark
    edited February 2023
    Its just maple node updating suggestions/ maple trivia, as nodes for 1-4 would do better with effect upgrades opposed to random damage boosts alone.
  • EshmanEshman
    Reactions: 1,425
    edited March 2023
    Tbh I was so lost/confused about halfway down but not all my characters are 5th yet so I'm sure that doesn't help. If you pay attention to the most-recent release video though it does appear that the job/skill system will be getting a revamp post-Khali/Savior. I'm not entirely fluent but I do understand enough to keep up. OrangeMush also truly helps a lot. So making suggestions for job skills may not accomplish much since huge changes are already on the burners.
  • ChainsparkChainspark
    edited January 26
    Rewrote the post as I’m having outside issues with autocorrect and other issues*