[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Zero skills not working correctly

EshmanEshman
Reactions: 1,425
edited February 2023 in General Chat
Tbh not sure if this needs to be here or in bugs but here goes: I have the same button config setup for my Zero characters that I do for every other character on my account. Their main attacks (beginning combo skills) are on Delete & Home. Those correspond to the X & Y keys of my controller which is naturally supported through my system settings and the Nexon Launcher so no config issues there. However, when I go to play the character it initiates the beginning skill and then stops through the usb controller but when I hold the same key down on the keyboard it continues the combo. In other words, everything works correctly for moon strike->piercing thrust->shadow strike (repeat) or rising slash->air raid (repeat) on keyboard but not usb controller. All my other character classes (and I do have many others across all servers) have zero issues when I use this very same controller during game-play for triggering skills only Zeros across multiple servers. Any Ideas or suggestions would be helpful and very much appreciated. Ultimately if I must use keyboard to play this only this job class it will be incredibly tedious and frustrating but I guess doable.

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2023
    This is probably a bug with your controller software. Try putting jump on those buttons and see if this also affects that as well.
    You should be able to hold the button and keep jumping if it's working.
    I've found that AntimicroX has this problem with every key but Antimicro (2.23) does not except on modifier keys. (Shift, Control and Alt)
  • EshmanEshman
    Reactions: 1,425
    edited February 2023
    Thank you for taking the time to respond; however, the only software being used is the Win10 native Microsoft XBox One controller driver (it's actually a PowerA Xbox Series S). As mentioned previously it more than sufficiently gets the job done on every other job class. Sometimes I have to manually set up the skills on the keyboard button layout to get the class to actually function (ie. Aran) but that's a minor frustration. Zero used to work as-is in previous patches, which seems odd, and the current version's links just seems broken with usb controllers. To be perfectly frank, I've never seen the use in having any other keyboard emulators or macros other than what is natively provided in the Maplestory UI although I have tried a couple a long time ago they never worked any better and often made things much worse.