[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Lvl 200 Bishop new to game....

kingeticskingetics
Reactions: 800
edited February 2023 in General Chat
so i'm looking for some help/advice i've just started playing again after many many years....9 years to be exact. and the game has changed, i've slightly figured out my skills and what to level etc, but could do with some help on whats best set up for macros and hunting grounds etc. i'm a lvl 200 noob.

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,610
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2023
    Your key setup is going to depend entirely on what feels comfortable for you.
    Major skills you'll want access to include the following:
    Teleport: First Job

Second Job:
    Heal/Angelic Wrath: (Used for bossing)

Third Job:
    Holy Fountain/Fountain of Vengeance: (Used for grinding mostly)
    Divine Protection: (Stops debuffs, used for bossing)
    Teleport Mastery: (Toggle, allows for greater control over teleport distance)
    Holy Magic Shell: (Buff, can completely negate certain boss attacks)

Fourth Job:
    Angel Ray: (Main Bossing Skill)
    Genesis: (Useful Mobbing Skill)
    Big Bang: (Main Mobbing Skill)
    Holy Water/Blood of the Divine: (Bossing Heal/Burst Skill)
    Infinity: (Main damage buffing skill)

Hypers:
    Heaven's Door: (+1 Life every 10 minutes for bossing, Can be pre-cast to ignore first 10m CD)
    Epic Adventure: (Burst Skill)
    Righteously Indignant: (Mode shift to swap certain skills into alternative skills)

Fifth Job:
    Unreliable Memory/Mind Delve: (Used to cast Infinity, proper rotation + Buff duration allows for 100% uptime)
    Maple Goddess Blessing: (Burst skill, tap once for 3 minute rotations, twice for 2 minute rotations)
    Mana Overload: (DPS Toggle, should always be on)
    Ethereal Form: (Your 'i-frame', note that this isn't a real i-frame and simply converts damage so certain things can and will still kill you)
    Benediction: (Burst Skill, make sure to use maple goddess blessing before this skill)
    Angel of Balance: (Burst Skill, tap once for 3 minute rotations, twice for 2 minute rotations)
    Peacemaker: (Attack/Buff, Cast every time it comes off cooldown, preferably towards other members of your party)
    Divine Punishment: (Burst Skill, Charges over time, make sure you're never at max stacks and to use as many stacks as you can during your burst)

These three skills can be set to autobuff on pet.
    Bless: Second Job (Buff)
    Dispel/Triumph Feather: Third Job (Mode shift for important buff)
    Holy Symbol: (Buff)

As for where to grind, anywhere in the arcane river that you can one shot and feels like it has a decent kill rate.
    Use your Battle Analysis (BA) to do a short test of 6 minutes to figure out roughly how many mobs per hour the map is worth.
    Compare several maps to figure out what maps work best for you.
    You can repeat this any time you get strong enough to one shot new maps or unlock new areas.

For grinding you basically want to place Fountain (3rd job) somewhere that is a big more annoying to clear for the passive clear (recast once per minute)
    Then you want to teleport around and big bang whatever else is on the map.
    Use genesis and/or heaven's door if you make a mistake or need to loot.

Once you can find a guild to join I would recommend joining one and looking for players progressing around the same pace as you, this will be useful for joining a bossing party later on.
    It's common for people to offer carries in guilds as well so you might be able to join some hard lucid/will carries to make progression easier.
    Once you have enough damage (This is probably months down the road at best) to join a HLuWill (Lucid + Will) party I would instead of getting carried.
    This party will most likely be the party that you go with throughout the game with moving forward.

Synergy of classes isn't important so much as schedule synergy.
    Hopefully you can think of your party as a group of people you meet with once or twice a week to do bossing and just talk about whatever with during the other days of the week.