[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Attempting to install MapleStory on Linux

BlueScreenMaple92BlueScreenMaple92
Reactions: 100
Hello, everyone.

I'm new to the forums for this game, and I have played MapleStory before when my machine ran Windows. Recently, however, I've switched my machine to Linux Mint, which is based on Ubuntu/Debian, and installed WINE (short for Wine Is Not An Emulator) to run Windows games and apps.

Now, I have attempted to use the Nexon Launcher on this setup, with limited success. The launcher is absolutely REQUIRED to run MapleStory, or for that matter, ANY Nexon game. However, although the Nexon Launcher's Setup.exe file does work and install under WINE, the launcher just seems to freeze up when it opens its loading screen. Can't log in, can't download MapleStory.

The question I need to pose, therefore, comes in two parts. Do you have any way to work around this, and if you don't, do you have any plans to make a Linux-based port of MapleStory, or at least put out a standalone installer so I can just install MapleStory without the launcher?

P.S.: Not sure if anybody else has asked this, there may be someone who already has.