[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

TIFU

bbqdanbbqdan
in General Chat
today at 12:00am, i blew up my arcane umbra guards I spent 23 bil scrolling and upgrading with a measly equip enhancement scroll. I am a returning player who got lucky with the wisp wonderberry pet thing. I spent 200k nx and came out with 2 petite luna pets. I kept one, and sold the other one at Aurora auction house for 28 bil.

After spending ~4 bil on fashionstory, i bought scrolls and successfully upgraded my arcane umbra claw with 5 anniversary 40% scrolls and 5 magical 100% 2 handed weapon attack scrolls. I upgraded it to 13 stars, and made it unique pot.

Then I was dilly dallying on how to min max cuz i had like 1mil mesos left. I noticed I had a yellow scroll in my use inventory. I skimmed it, and didn't notice it had a 100% rate of destroying the item if it failed. I only read the part that said it had less than 5% chance to work if it had 9 or more stars, which my claw had. and BOOM. what a surprise. 23bil gone with nothing to show for it.

There wasn't even a pop up warning saying that my item could be destroyed if I used this scroll. It just fricking disappeared. No spell trace either. How convenient.

I also sent in a ticket asking for customer support to reroll my character back 1 day, or to replace my boomed item. Fat chance. I knew they wouldn't help me but I had to try.

Devastated at the moment, but not asking for pity nor sympathy. Just a dumb clown living his life.

that was $200 of food i could have bought. i aint rich. dang man. well im off to work my mediocre job in my mediocre life. Maplestory is my escape from it all, and it backstabbed me by making me quite sad today.