[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

V Matrix question(guides i looked at dont help)

RedRavenRedRaven
Reactions: 925
edited June 2023 in General Chat
ok so i opened the matrix with bunch of blank note node at the top
i used 1 slot enhancement on a blank node
i then applyed a skill to the lvled node
i moved that skill to another blank node after(a lvl 0 one)
the skill i moved left a mark in the lvl 1 node(what does that mean ?..can i assign another skill to the lvl 1 node after moving out the previously added skill there ?)
weirdly skills set to lvl 0 node dont seem to leave a mark(why ?)

are blank node and skill node lvled separetly ? like do i have to invest points in blank node and also to the skill(while its on top of that same node after assigning it in ?)
like you remove the assigned skill to lvl the blank node then add the skill to that same node to lvl the skill
for say i lvl a blank node to lvl 10...then assign a lvl 1 skill to that lvl 10 node......does that mean the skill is lvl 11 if the blank node is lvl 10 and the skill is lvl 1 ?
or lvling blank node is only meant to allow a skill that is highter lvl to be assign there ?.....for say skill is lvl 2 and the blank node is lvl 1....would the lvl 2 skill be assignable to a lvl 1 blank node ?

i also read somewhere that you can combine copies of the same skill once they're max lvl...for say
assuming you apply Skill X to 3 different blank node..... once all 3 have been max lvl how do you combine them ?

lastly what does "disassemble node" do exactly ? does it destroy skills permanently ?...for say the 4 base 1 you get when you complete the job advancement.....can they be recovered trough node stones ?

note: i'am not looking for skills info....just how this system work so i dont mess up assignments..do something that can't be undone(which may have consequences down the line)

EDIT: forgot to ask..how do you get more skill points for the V Matrix ?

extra EDIT: unrelated to thread but having issue with Arcane river......how do you remove the curse blocking the use of potions ?(All Cure didn't work).....and it just gave me a 10 mins debuff to not gain any exp due to this bs.....and 13k dmg when hit on top of curse like that is evil :S

extra edit 2: figured out why i was taking so much dmg(..had to equip an arcane orb thingy......however unsure if its related to the curse they do.....at least 13k dmg is down to 2.7k now :D(although puny dmg :S)...i thought regular mobs were gonna deal some decent dmg like good old days but with arc orb equip they dont :S.....still used to the days when time temple would kill you in 2 hit if you didn't heal XD....3.7k dmg vs 4.5k hp pool XD..bit dissapoint...no real challenging non-bosses monsters as of yet(except on squishier class like mercedes)...11k pool(Mercedes) vs a 40k hp(Kanna) pool make such a huge difference in survival :S

edit 3: found the cause of that annoying debuff...."anti-afk" rare spawn.....thing killed me quite a few time outside combat(when reading quest text from npc especially)..and mid-combat too :S

edit 4: OMG....i just frigging blasted 20 Arc symbol on a lvl 5 orb and the thing had to have a exp block...why the hell does the game dont warn you bout the cap.......well i hope a ticket can fix that...

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2023
    First off, you cannot mess up your VMatrix, you can rest easy, as there is a reset button found in the UI.

KzDhYkd.png

You get a VMatrix point for every level above 200, if you're 205 you will have 5 points allowing you to boost a slot to +5, which is the max for each slot.
    You unlock additional slots every 5 levels, or you can pay meso to unlock them early, up to 10 levels, by clicking on the slot that you would normally unlock next.
    Node Slots allow a skill to go above the max level if boosted (Up to +5 for skill nodes, +10 across two for boost nodes)

8qqHBAd.png
    lHUYIbA.png

The nodes themselves are level up by combining them with duplicate nodes of the same type (For boost nodes only the first skill matters)
    xVIsUcj.png
    Both boost nodes and skill nodes go up to level 25 and can be boosted by an additional 5 levels.
    This means skills go up to level 30 when in a +5 slot and Boost Skills go up to 60 when you are boosting it in two different slots.
    For boost nodes you'll want to create what is known as a Trinode, which is a boost node that contains three skills you want to boost.
    One node should consistent of Skill 1, 2 and 3 you want to boost, while the other should be Skill 2/3 and Skill 1.

8XIdvsr.png
    You can boost the skill as many times as you want, but since the level cap is 60 you'll want to only boost the skill twice if possible, otherwise you're potentially wasting node slots.
    You can see here my storm bringer is boosted by +20, but is still only level 60.

Right click the node and use the enhance option to combine duplicates you have, this is how you level up nodes, they do not have to be leveled before you combine them.
    In this right click menu you'll also find disassemble, this is used for creating more nodes.
    35 node shards will create a tradable nodestone, 70 will create a boost node, 140 will create a skill node and 250 will create a special node.
    You shouldn't worry about the special nodes for now (the purple ones) and will want to focus on creating boost nodes and skill nodes.
    Disassemble boost nodes that have the first skill as something you don't want to boost, or contains a skill that is already being boosted by two other boost nodes.
    Boost Nodes are worth 10 node shards, Skill Nodes are worth 40 and Special nodes are worth 50.

Symbols are also combined to level up similar to nodes, once enough symbols have been combined you'll have to pay a meso fee to unlock the next level but it will give you 100 more stat (not affected by % stat increases) and 10 more arcane force.
    You'll need the extra arcane force to get into higher level areas of the game. So no need to make a ticket, you haven't messed up there.
    Level 20 is the max for these and the game won't let you put more than you need into a symbol.
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    edited June 2023
    u sure that the game prevent over use ?(if you meant that it ask if i want to merge all orb at once it did ask..but that didn't tell me if it was over use
    lvl 1-5 did cost like 20 and was 66% into lvl 6
    how does 34% for 5-6 cost 20 orb if lots of % midway to 6 cost less than half that ?

in regard to matrix post.....its the nexon guide(already read)......it dont answer what was the trace left on a blank node after moving a skill node out of iit..like the blank node with no skill assign was saying the node is for the skill i placed in it(the first 1 i added to the blank node)....replacing it with other skills in that same blank node didn't remove or replace the trace that was left in the now blank now(after taking said other skills out of that node)...b4 applying the first skill in the blank node there was no trace....for say when you left click a blank node(no skill applied) b4 any skill is imput in it it display no text......but left clicking a blank node after removing a skill from it says the skill is already assign to that blank node(transparant grey text instead of white text when an actual skill is inserted in the node).that grey text is the same as the first skill that was assign in that once blank node after the skill removal

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2023
    RedRaven wrote: »
    u sure that the game prevent over use ?(if you meant that it ask if i want to merge all orb at once it did ask..but that didn't tell me if it was over use
    lvl 1-5 did cost like 20 and was 66% into lvl 6
    how does 34% for 5-6 cost 20 orb if lots of % midway to 6 cost less than half that ?

You only ever upgrade the one symbol per area. Any duplicates go into that symbol.
    Any "over use" goes towards the next level and the symbols can't be traded, so you just keep dumping them into the symbol until you hit 20.
    If you're on reg server there's a way to make a tradable one but that shouldn't matter afaik until level 20 regardless. I'm not a good person to ask about the catalyst though as I don't play reg server.
    in regard to matrix post.....its the nexon guide(already read)......it dont answer what was the trace left on a blank node after moving a skill node out of iit..like the blank node with no skill assign was saying the node is for the skill i placed in it(the first 1 i added to the blank node)....replacing it with other skills in that same blank node didn't remove or replace the trace that was left in the now blank now(after taking said other skills out of that node)...b4 applying the first skill in the blank node there was no trace....for say when you left click a blank node(no skill applied) b4 any skill is imput in it it display no text......but left clicking a blank node after removing a skill from it says the skill is already assign to that blank node(transparant grey text instead of white text when an actual skill is inserted in the node).that grey text is the same as the first skill that was assign in that once blank node after the skill removal

I have no clue what you're trying to say here, could you post a screenshot of what you're looking at?
    If you're talking about a yellow border around the node slot that's just a visual that shows you what level the nodeslot is, but it doesn't sound like that's what you're talking about.
    Once you take a node out of a slot it should just be empty and there shouldn't be any "trace", so without a screenshot I'm not entirely sure.
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    edited June 2023
    wish i could but no longer possible...after filling the other slots and unequipping the skill from the node the leftover mark is no longer there

i started experimenting with the v matrix despite risking messing up(since replies didn't come quick i got impatient and went blind :S )

also started to get a grasp of how the system work after messing with it....wish there was a site of which tri-node exist though XD(not sure i'am even using the desired tri-node) so can combine the right nodes to get 2 copy of each skills...unless every possible combinations exist(60-1000 trinodes approx for each class)(assuming 6-10 different skills at least like
    1-2-3
    1-2-4
    1-2-5
    1-2-6
    1-3-4
    1-3-5
    1-3-6
    1-4-5
    1-4-6
    1-5-6

2-1-2
    2-1-3
    2-1-4
    2-1-5
    2-1-6
    2-3-4
    2-3-5
    2-3-6
    2-4-5
    2-4-6
    2-5-6

3-1-2
    3-1-4
    3-1-5
    3-1-6
    3-2-4
    3-2-5
    3-2-6
    3-4-5
    3-4-6
    3-5-6

etc....same deal with skills 4-10
    if its every possible combination i dont think maxing every skills would be possible in a life time if there like 10 skill+ that can roll in
    so ....at 6 would take forever...but the exponancy of rolls with 10+ is too much...so could say thats 1 bit of information i'd like to acquire to know what i should plan

while my previous questions mostly got solve after messing around with it....i only have the disassemble button i haven't mess with