[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Star Force / Professions Change

iBundanceiBundance
Reactions: 975
edited June 2023 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I know there was recently an upgrade with Star force making it more expensive to upgrade items because the chance of dropping in Star Force was removed. They say that on average the overall cost is the same but it is difficult for someone who is upgrading to 15 star to get 50M to consistently take the change to upgrade their equipment. I am suggesting that instead of just being pure mesos for the upgrades maybe they instead do Etc. items for the upgrades instead of requiring a ton of mesos . Maybe 15* requires pieces of time the current state of the game makes it feel like its not even worth playing at this point. Everything costs so much or is too difficult in one way or another.

Comments

• RedRavenRedRaven
    Reactions: 1,205
    edited June 2023
    as someone who restarted maple on may 20 2023(about 36-40 days ago) i will disagree with you....i'am already at 9 chars(5 of them at lvl 160-175....1 at 185.....1 at lvl 202..and 1 at lvl 217)(the 2 200 were boosted with the event items) and i earn at least 135-150M a day from bosses killing

chain slam bosses....and if your lvl 242(base on your other thread).......start making alts to gain Legion stats and link skills...make farming bosses such as Normal Pink Bean, Chaos Horntail + Normal Arkarium &Hard Von Leon viable around lvl 165-200(preferably at 200+ after upgrading arcane orbs a bit to drasticly boost dps)

ya should earn mesos at a decent rate if you start building mass alts to support your main//other alts
    also consider optimal characters order for Link Skills//Legion Power Up
    NOTE: if you dont wanna build characters in this order its up to you(u dont have to follow it).....but i do recommend building each classes in this order for optimal powering up

in proper order you would do
    Dawn Warrior(Cygnus Blessing lvl 28 unlock)(lvl to 140)
    Mercedes(10-20% exp Link Skill)(15% at lvl 120)
    Hayato(15-25 All Stats + 10-15 ATK&MATK)(lvl 120 for max gain(25-15)..also got a solid Legion buff(see bellow)
    Buccaneer + Corsair(20-70 all stats + 325-1225 HP + 5-15% dmg reduction)(both pirate at lvl 210 for max gain..but settle with both at 120)
    Demon Avenger(5-15% dmg link skill)(10% at lvl 120)
    Kanna(10% dmg link skill)(lvl 120)
    Demon Slayer(10-20% boss dmg link skill(15% at lvl 120)
    Evan(extend Rune Duration by 30-70%)(equivalent of 6.66 - 13.5% bonus exp over 15 min)

..thats it for Link Skills base....next up Legion stats effect desired(unlike Link Skills you dont need to transfer them so ALL chars benefit at all time

Zero(4-12% exp bonus)(8% at lvl 180)
    Xenon(+5-50 Str,Dex,Luk(20 each at lvl 140)..also has a solid Link Skill(5-10% All Stats)
    Mechanic(5-25% Buffs Duration(15% at lvl 140)
    Night Lord & Marksman(1-5% Crit rate)(3% at lvl 140)
    Jett,Shade,Hayato(1-6% Crit dmg)(3% at lvl 140)..Jett might be removed entirely..so dont recommend starting 1 for now..also out of these 3 hayato has a great Link Skill too
    Wild Hunter(20% chance to deal 4-20% extra dmg)(12% at lvl 140)
    Mihile(250-2500 more HP)(1000 at lvl 140)..this will help squishy classes to survive better for 160+ content
    ..thats it for Legion Skills to net

remaining classes with worthwhile buffs(optimize for which character your maining for the order of these)
    Kaiser(+10-20% HP)(15% at lvl 120)(Link Skill)
    Phantom(10-20% Crit)(15% at lvl 120(Link Skill)
    Luminous(ignore 10-20% Def)(15% at lvl 140)(Link Skill)
    Beast Tamer(4-10% Crit + 4-10% Boss dmg)(7% to both at lvl 120)(Link Skill)
    remaining 4 Cygnus Knight to further empower their Link Skill(stackable)
    Dark Knight(+2-6% HP)(lvl 140)(legion buff)
    Aran(400-900% exp boost from combo orbs)(Link Skill)...i put Aran this low on the list because you dont get to create these hot purple/red combo orb at all early game...even up to lvl 217 i have yet to combo that much(although i created some early on outta curiosity of what would happen if i were to make 1000 combo)aka intentionnaly earning bad exp to sate my curiosity....this likely come more in handy in the lvl 230+ range where you'd be non-stop in combat and not questing//doing dailies

do wtv from this point on

and ya i admit i'am a no life to have made that much progress in such short time(Lore reading slowed me down a lot the first few days) but for alts sped trough since no need ro re-read lore...although there some lore difference for classes specific content which i did read)....or like Ellin Forest with Demon Slayer//Mercedes which have different lore........same with other time travel area with certain characters...not to say going blind with no solid guide around to be found made it hard knowing where items were acquire for gear upgrading(aka had to do all the contents and take note where the stuff came from(Questing//Boss drops)
  • iBundanceiBundance
    Reactions: 975
    edited June 2023
    I am simply suggesting account wide professions instead of per character because an alt should not be REQUIRED to enjoy the game. I also dont think I should be punished for not having / wanting bossing mules. They should be an advantage to players who have stayed a long time and progressed not something everyone who casually plays is REQUIRED to have to be efficient.