[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

White screen loading forever, ugh.

EshmanEshman
Reactions: 1,425
edited June 2023 in General Chat
Well it's finally happened. I attempted to login after seeing several threads on steam mentioning issues logging in and getting frequent disconnects, white screens, and misc log errors. Guess what? I can verify the continuous white screen loading issue is occurring in both the Nexon launcher and Steam. I even waited long enough for the Wizet pointer hand to load and it never was able to get beyond that point (that negates most other troubleshooting steps/issues I know of anyway). I'm open to suggestions at this point. Surely the login servers, load balancers, and world servers can't possibly be that slammed can they? Ugh so frustrating after a short break away to come back to an event that seems as broken as this. Anyway, if this thread ends up being in the wrong place and gets moved then I understand and sincerely offer my apologies in advance.

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2023
    My first login after launching has taken at least 3-4 minutes (usually 5+) since the patch.
  • EshmanEshman
    Reactions: 1,425
    edited July 2023
    When this issue was on-going it was taking well over an hour+ to finally get to the Wizet loading screen and the gloved pointer to load then finally the server selection would come up but everything was extremely laggy and impossible to pick a character & play. Support worked me through the only solution: moving both versions of MapleStory onto a separate SSD drive which just happened to be in my system for program troubleshooting/VM/isolation/etc. Anyway, I'm uncertain if this is viable for anyone else but that's what it took to solve the issue for me as absolutely nothing else seemed to work.
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    Reactions: 925
    edited July 2023
    likely a Steam Issue only.....playing on my comp(Tower type not laptop) is running just fine without issue

only map which is laggy is Ardentmill but been that way even b4 patch
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2023
    RedRaven wrote: »
    likely a Steam Issue only.....playing on my comp(Tower type not laptop) is running just fine without issue

only map which is laggy is Ardentmill but been that way even b4 patch

Both versions of the game have the issue for me.
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    Reactions: 925
    edited July 2023
    well...must be a file not correctly coded for your computer version......unfortunetly i'am not well verse in this category....maybe send DXDiag(wtv its call) and the other thing Blizzard request to pinpoint issues trough a ticket to Nexon..... then again...Nexon tickets caps characters limit....so that would be hard to give them the full data of those....do NOT post that stuff on the forum though for your own safety
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2023
    RedRaven wrote: »
    well...must be a file not correctly coded for your computer version......unfortunetly i'am not well verse in this category....maybe send DXDiag(wtv its call) and the other thing Blizzard request to pinpoint issues trough a ticket to Nexon..... then again...Nexon tickets caps characters limit....so that would be hard to give them the full data of those....do NOT post that stuff on the forum though for your own safety

It has nothing to do with that and everything to do with loading. The issue is how the game handles loading.
    I don't freeze on the white screen but rather I get stuck in a loop of loading assets.