[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Normal Attack(ALT) + SKill(CTRL) interaction

RedRavenRedRaven
Reactions: 925
edited July 2023 in Bug Reporting
EDIT: corrected text to be more clear
if Normal Atack is Assign to ALt Key and a Skill is assign to CTRL Key....whenever the Alt Key is press to attack it also activate the Skill assign to CTRL
issue has happen both on my Buccaneer and my Kanna which have skills assign to ctrl(lack of slots for skills so i put long duration on a remote key for those 2)
in Maple Warrior Case it can be cast simultaneously with Attack since it can be cast while another animation is ongoing(which is kinda hilarious)
in the Barrier Case on my Kanna its just outright irritating when trying to break Containers or Horntail Crystal as Barrier take priority over Normal Attack

EDIT 2: specification(only occur with the RIGHT SIDE ALT Key)

OFF-TOPIC BELLOW: since talking about keys may as well....
basic key setting isn't the OG settings for keys :S....(not what it was in 2008)
4-8(9?) should be Say,Party Chat,Guild Chat,Whisper(can't remember if friend chat was a thing back in old days)
A = Stats
S = Skill
K = Keys Binding
Alt = Attack
Space Bar = Jump

some remaining keys i dont remember where they use to be(Sit, Pick Up, Guild, Char Info)
Q-W-E-R-P are the same as OG in basic setting selection) as well as the emotes F1-F2-F3..not sure why F4-F5-F6 were move to F5-F6-F7(but praticly the same)

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2023
    It sounds as if you have enabled sticky keys on your computer, an accessibility option on Windows.
    It's easy to accidentally turn on (Hit shift 5 times) and behaves exactly as you are describing.
    The Sticky Keys feature helps alleviate some stress on your fingers by not having to press and hold keys to use keyboard shortcuts. You only need to press and release a modifier key, like Ctrl, Alt, or Shift, then press the next key for the keyboard shortcut.

For example, instead of having to press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time, you can press each of the keys individually to perform the same function.
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    edited July 2023
    nah its not activated i alway decline when it ask me if i want to turn that on when i accidently trigger it(although haven't trigger it in a very long time...unlike Diablo 2 i dont use shift often on maple(like once every 3-15 min instead of multi-use in a row like i do on Diablo 2

alt + del would not pop my task manager either if i dont hold down ctrl
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2023
    Doing some more research into it, Sticky Keys is used for something else, what you're describing is Spanish Keyboard.
    Some people use this for grinding (not sure Nexon's stance on this btw), it's not a bug but rather a feature of your OS.
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    edited July 2023
    incorrect as well..my keyboard is set to either english or french setting(not sure which)(East Canada in province of Quebec)(this comp version wont let me go into the keyboard setting to check like i could with my previous comp...so i can't tell you to which its set to exactly....but its certainly NOT spanish in a french///english area

also i would note that games have their own settings in regard to keys...not what the comp is default at.....that be a huge mess if my alt key would trigger the ctrl key on diablo 2(ppl would steal my items when linking items to show them because the other key drop the item for ppl to loot it)

i may not be a keyboard expert but this interaction is certainly NOT intended

ctrl+ shift = changing keyboard language btw...whenever i do that by accident i just imput it again to swap back to my original keyboard settings because i'am not dealing with a setting that does not do the imput i want
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2023
    Sounds like whatever is going on is related to keyboard software though and not maplestory itself, I couldn't replicate the behavior.
    Good luck fixing it.
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    edited July 2023
    ight...if you can't replicate that on your side then its definetly something with my keyboard software as you said...on the downside i wont be able to fix it due to lack of knowledge and due to how difficult fishing settings information is(especially when computer versions may not match)