[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Jett transfer node generation process

MellomotoMellomoto
Reactions: 1,025
edited July 2023 in Bug Reporting
Apologies for not following bug reporting formatting, but I believe it does not apply in the situation as this is not currently in the game and I did not know where else to post. To preface, this post is not in support of abusing exploits. As I am estimating with incomplete memo and patch notes, and even if the mechanics of the transfer were intended to operate in this way I assume that it will be fixed. If Nexon does not change anything and this is public information, I suppose it isn’t really an exploit anymore. Please see the memo and patch notes here concerning the Jett transfer for reference:

https://maplestory.nexon.net/news/84342/maple-memo-jett-advancement-to-explorer-event-notice

https://maplestory.nexon.net/news/84616/updated-7-19-v-243-savior-shangri-la-kaling-patch-notes#16

Hi again everyone, I’m writing again to share about a potential way to generate nodestones through the Jett transfer event in order to draw attention to the Jett transfer as a whole. I know it might be shooting myself in the foot, but as before I write in good faith. The Jett transfer needs major changes and additions, which is the main purpose of my post. I mentioned it very briefly in my previous post here:

https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/33965/transfer-concerns-from-a-fellow-jett

I initially came up with the thought after reading a post by FieryPyromancer:

https://reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/14rt46n/calculating_the_extra_boost_nodes_from_jetts_open/

TLDR: The general idea is to en-mass open nodestones on Jett, participate in the character transfer, disassemble all nodes not yet converted to node shards, then craft more tradable nodestones for 35 node shards each.

Reg server players can hypothetically purchase nodes in bulk, generate nodestones with the transfer, then do this again per Jett character they have access to before putting them on the market again for another person to repeat. Reboot players can do this only for as many Jett characters exist in the world, so typically once maybe twice.

Assumptions from the memo and patch note wording:
- All boost nodes (including fused boost nodes) will be worth 70 nodeshards each.
- Non-shared skill nodes will be converted to 140 nodeshards each.
- Shared skill nodes will not be converted and worth the normal amount of 40 each.

"Skill and Boost nodes will be converted to Nodeshards based on the Level and amount of EXP of each individual node.
Note: You will receive enough Nodeshards to create and enhance your nodes to the same level they were previously at."

Before continuing it is important to note that as a whole, crafting nodestones with node shards is usually a node sink, as boost nodes being worth only 10 usually shifts down the average node shard acquisition rate to below 35 per nodestone. This means that regardless of the actual node appearance rates, so long as boost nodes are fixed to 70 node shards each, nodes would be generated as all nodes will convert to a value greater than 35.

Further assumption: Every new node is disassembled with the rates of 85% boost node, 10% skill node, 5% special node (as given by FieryPyromancer)

Taking a weighted average we can estimate a minimum (low) and maximum (high) return rate for nodeshards:
0.85 x 70 + 0.1 x 40 + 0.05 x 50 = 66 shards per nodestone used if only non-shared skill nodes are obtained.
0.85 x 70 + 0.1 x 140 + 0.05 x 50 = 76 shards per nodestone used if only shared skill nodes are obtained.
If a player rerolls any shared skills or special nodes to be only boost nodes or non-shared skill nodes, this value will exceed 76 node shards per nodestone used.

Normally this would be a sink:
0.85 x 10 + 0.1 x 40 + 0.05 x 50 = 15 shards per nodestone ordinarily.

If this is the case with the Jett transfer, per iteration of this process a person on average could generate between approximately 1.88x and 2.17x the nodestones they have, doing the easy method. With slightly more effort that turns into on average at least 2.17x guaranteed. Then the next person could technically take those new nodes and generate more, where this continues having this exponential growth of nodestones in the Regular server marketplace available until November.

This is a call for Nexon to revisit all feedback provided, especially those with well intentioned and thoughtful responses and critiques. Even with all the restrictions placed on the Jett transfer, processes like above still exist. This hasn’t touched on halving the cost of cubing common accessories by having the inventory transfer being split into equipped and not equipped items. Jett players are sacrificing too much with the current transfer process, and it isn't being handled with the care.

Please do right by your Jett players and make us whole by a better transfer.