[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon Removing content

TubaTuba
Reactions: 3,175
edited August 2023 in General Chat
I don't understand why GMS keeps removing gaming content. Every time I come back to the game I continue to see more and more content removed. I don't understand the reasoning behind deleting content within the game, Silent crusade, CBD Singapore, Jett, etc. They give various reasons such as "trying to eliminate spaghetti code" "trying to save resources" "getting rid of inactive content" and while I feel like there's warrant for all these claims, I would argue that I feel like there's a deeper reason behind the removal. Are they just getting rid of all non KMS content? It can't be related to funding shortages in the company because maplestory is a multi-billion dollar game. As an older player it saddens me to see certain content cut. I understand getting rid of certain content that is virtually untouched, but seeing content that is actually useful is very concerning.

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2023
    I think Nexon is tired of their staff being demoralized when they "fix" GMS content only for it to break in a few patches if not the very next patch.
    These constant bug fixes for a small percentage of your profit just isn't worth it and it's easier to just face whatever backlash that comes with it.
    GMS was bleeding Nexon money for years, now that they're finally earning money they probably want to streamline the development process for it and refine this version of the game.

Basically we got to keep our content when we were bleeding money because Nexon didn't care. Now that Nexon cares they're realizing how messed up GMS actually is.
    The other stuff like Dimensional Mirror, Silent Crusade, and others are removed simply because they're useless.
    Tuba
  • BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited August 2023
    The devs add content, players complain... The devs remove content, players complain....

The devs simplify content, players complain, the devs make it more complicated, players complain...

These MMORPG companies should make an online game where the player is required to do nothing but complain, they'd make a fortune.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2023
    Bruh what? Who complained about them adding content? The only thing even close to people complaining about that is still about them removing content, because they added FOMO content that rewarded permanent items that are no longer obtainable, but people still have, especially items that nothing that serves the same function exists to replace it. Like the Stellar Detective rings, there's no rings that offer those buffs, the closest is some 5th job skills, but that only means that people that have both a ring and 5th job skill with a similar effect just get to use it twice as often.

And then there's badges like the ghost ship exorcist badge, which was (and I believe still is) the only badge you can put a potential on. Which is a pretty significant damage loss. And then there's also the LAB server legion blocks which were free legion blocks that cost no slots that cannot be obtained anymore.

Even skill changes being reverted to the KMS version is removing content, because they made unique versions of some classes with the GMS playerbase in mind, but reverting them to the KMS version removed the GMS version of the classes.

And it's a very reasonable response to not want content that does in fact serve a purpose to be removed. Old event data that will never be reused, is perfectly fine to be removed because it's just bloating the files though, but if they offered items that served a purpose that is not being replicated by other items, then events that offer the same option or replace them (in-case it's like legion blocks, adding another block that does the same thing and stacks, would not change anything, it would just shift the goalpost up).

Idk why I bothered to respond though, I'm sure you know all this, you're just being a contrarian to try to call people spoiled for wanting content to not be removed, and not have people be alienated by things like oh I don't know an entire class that some people mained being removed?
    FuhreakTuba
  • TubaTuba
    edited August 2023
    The devs add content, players complain... The devs remove content, players complain....

The devs simplify content, players complain, the devs make it more complicated, players complain...

These MMORPG companies should make an online game where the player is required to do nothing but complain, they'd make a fortune.

I don't know anyone who is complaining about them adding content, people love when they add content to the game because it adds to the game. I guess having an opinion or giving feedback on something that doesn't give praise to Nexon devs is now seen as "complaining". Feedback is an essential part of gaming experience, whether it's positive or negative.
  • TubaTuba
    edited August 2023
    ClawStaff wrote: »
    Bruh what? Who complained about them adding content? The only thing even close to people complaining about that is still about them removing content, because they added FOMO content that rewarded permanent items that are no longer obtainable, but people still have, especially items that nothing that serves the same function exists to replace it. Like the Stellar Detective rings, there's no rings that offer those buffs, the closest is some 5th job skills, but that only means that people that have both a ring and 5th job skill with a similar effect just get to use it twice as often.

And then there's badges like the ghost ship exorcist badge, which was (and I believe still is) the only badge you can put a potential on. Which is a pretty significant damage loss. And then there's also the LAB server legion blocks which were free legion blocks that cost no slots that cannot be obtained anymore.

Even skill changes being reverted to the KMS version is removing content, because they made unique versions of some classes with the GMS playerbase in mind, but reverting them to the KMS version removed the GMS version of the classes.

And it's a very reasonable response to not want content that does in fact serve a purpose to be removed. Old event data that will never be reused, is perfectly fine to be removed because it's just bloating the files though, but if they offered items that served a purpose that is not being replicated by other items, then events that offer the same option or replace them (in-case it's like legion blocks, adding another block that does the same thing and stacks, would not change anything, it would just shift the goalpost up).

Idk why I bothered to respond though, I'm sure you know all this, you're just being a contrarian to try to call people spoiled for wanting content to not be removed, and not have people be alienated by things like oh I don't know an entire class that some people mained being removed?

Yes!!!!! this!!!!
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    Reactions: 925
    edited August 2023
    Fuhreak i dont think you know how nice Silent Crusade was
    Unique Medal with +Speed(better than Ellin Forest one too)..the minor stats lost to gain huge amount of movement speed is very noticable and worth it over a +3 ATK Medal)
    Titles(Better than Mushroom Shrines one)...thats -1 all stats and -400 hp//mp without silent crusade titles
    a solid stats Ring untill your lvl 260+ which also gave +5 speed....the Ifia Ring from turning 10 accessory in isn't gain untill lvl 200
    so thats -25 all stats and -1 ATK(only Ephenia ring can fill in now untill lvl 200 and it dont have that sexy +Speed)

tell me where you would get better items than those WITHOUT GETTING CARRIED by your guild//friends trough bosses bellow 260

ofc you could grind shoes to +22 stars for +Speed....but gl getting these mesos to fund that grind untill your lvl 265+
    and its certainly not gonna be acquire at lvl 100-120

and lastly....Silent Crusade was a nice exp gap filler

...well i believe you forgotten how it was the days as a beginner...unless you never experienced it due to having immediate carries on start up

here i'am....3 months in.....made my own guild(mere lvl 6 right now) as its just me and a single friend who also returned to maple 1 month after me
    i dont have the benefit of +45 bonus ATK, bonus Arcane Force, bonus Starforce....no 12% bonus dmg vs normal mobs...no +35 ? all stats

current chars
    250 Kanna
    232 Khali
    217 Mercedes
    213 Demon Slayer,
    211 Demon Avenger
    208 Dawn War
    205 Corsair
    203 Buc
    202 T-Breaker
    6 other char between lvl 150-192
    4 between 110-140
    and 1 lil lvl 30

i have opt to not join a boss guild as i'am way too weak to provide any dps
    beside imma need a guild for my alts to have stats support so....no guild would accept 20-50 alts in XD
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2023
    It's honestly not that big. The stats from the ring aren't worth much.
    The speed is easily capped via just random flames having speed on them, even if that's not what you're focusing on.

Ifia's Ring, Silver Blossom Ring, Treasure Hunter John's Ring, and Platinum Cross Ring are/were rings you grab to fill slots.
    Throughout the majority of the year you can very easily and very quickly move off these and onto event rings which will outshine all of these.
    If you really want to you can do the level 100 Elin questline and grab Ephenia's Ring.
    But if you're using these rings until 260 you're doing something seriously wrong.

Also I played Solo for around the first 5 years of reboot, as well as on KMS meta. My road was anything but easy and I haven't forgotten it.
    I've simply learned from it.
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    edited September 2023
    then what i'am i doing wrong ?

also first time i hear of "Treasure Hunter John's Ring"......where ya got that from ?

i know i haven't try out all areas yet but dang surprised i may have missed out on something
    Ifia Ring, Silver Blossom i have them
    "Platinum Ring" was from SiIent Crusade" and no longer acquirable now

Ellin Forest already doing it for both exp and gear upgrade

this is my lvling road
    1-30 tutorial quest
    30-60 (Riena Strait + Ellinel Fairy Academy)
    60-70 Mushroom Shrine
    70-80 Orbis Quests
    8x-94 Afterland
    exp filler
    95-104 Ellin Forest
    104-110 Mushroom Shrine
    110-115 Ludibirum(
    115-130 Lion King Castle
    Fantasy Theme Park(exp Filler to hit 135
    135 Partern Ruins
    140-150 Time Temple
    150-160 Stone Colossus
    160-170 Henesys Ruins
    170-180 Kritias
    180-190 Twilight Perion
    190-200 raw grind for missing exp to hit 200

if Hyper Burning then
    Tutorial
    Riena
    Orbis
    Afterland
    Ellin
    Mush Shrine
    Lion king
    Fantasy Theme Park(Malaysia)
    ....forgot if was partern or TT

in regard to event rings i only been playing 3 months and acquired all of the ones that were available(3 of them i believe)
    Hyper Burn Ring...1 from Wongstaurant(Tenebris ring)....1 from Khali Pyramid(Tenebris ring).....

technicly i could have acquired a fourth if i was willing to pay 60$ for the second wongstaurant ring..which was an abhorent price if you ask me)

tell me where i could have acquired more event rings within these 3 months i been playing :S because i have no idea where you expect me to get a mountain of them in such short time

there Chaos Vellum which would net me a fourth...but i can't even kill him in that time frame...on top of that my first 250(Kanna) just got an axe thrown into her brain
    she(my Kanna) has Hyper Burnt Ring and Tenebris ring
    if you were to offer a carry i gladly accept(if possible i'd like my friend along so she can also get credit)

EDIT: if i could get 100 event rings in 3 months it would be rly great to feed all my current alts but not happening
    these event rings are only claimable by 1 char....not 20 of them

as for my ring lists it was
    Ifia
    Silver Blossom
    Platinum
    Curbrock ring(up to 200 where i would get the second Ifia ring(the 1 acquire from 10 accessory trade in)

just to be clear 3 month gameplay..NOT 3 years
    20 chars.....not 1 char alone
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2023
    RedRaven wrote: »
    then what i'am i doing wrong ?

also first time i hear of "Treasure Hunter John's Ring"......where ya got that from ?

tell me where i could have acquired more event rings within these 3 months i been playing :S because i have no idea where you expect me to get a mountain of them in such short time

You should be trying to get Kanna's Treasure, Superior Golux Ring, Meister Ring or Event Rings to replace your early rings.
    Sounds like you've gotten the event rings that were available, Treasure Hunter John's Ring is through the NLC questline.
    Princess No doesn't have too high of requirement and Gollux can be carried or you can do the lower difficulties until you have better gear.
    Meister Ring is more of a time/material sink than a power check.
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    edited September 2023
    Kanna Treasure ring was on my soon to attempt list(with my 250 Kanna and 232 Khali that is)....but my lower lvl Alts ain't be doing her that soon

Gollux case no one i can ask for carry unfortunetly...dont have those connections....even though i could pester some random guild for it then just leave them afterward :S although its not exactly nice to make use of a guild just to net free loots
    i dont feel rdy to join a real guild yet...i wanna join end-game as soon as i got my alt-army...i dont wanna settle for a temporary guild then suddenly cut all ties
    its not rly nice to do in ppl like that
    which is why i made my own with just me and a good old friend

Meister ring would be a massive pain to craft....let alone worth the time for it)