[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Crashing like CRAZY!!!

XeraphimXeraphim
Reactions: 1,480
edited October 2016 in General Chat
Lately Maplestory cannot keep a stable connection to the Client from the Server. Sometimes you even have rolling channel blackouts where you just kick everyone in 5 channels at a time, repeatedly for 20 straight minutes.

So I've started the Grin Ring quest on 5 characters today to get the Dark Rack on them because I like hopping around from class to class and don't have a "main" that I enjoy. (Shade so far is pretty fun but he's sooo weeeeaaakkk ugh)

I've had to restart the Grin Ring quest 19 times. That means that somehow Nexon lost connection to my client then let me log back in then caused my client to crash immediately after I restarted the Grin Ring timer again. 19 times. In 4 hours. That's amazing. Including the original acceptance and starting of the quest that's a total of 24 Grin Ring quests for 5 characters. Wow. Can you not keep a connection stable for a legit player for 30 minutes?

Right now I've had to retake the quest on my Phanton seven times. That's not counting the first time. Why? Because for some reason you folks have knocked out channels 1-18 on Reboot and those channels cannot maintain a connection.
Update: I got on one of the two stable channels and finally finished it. It's too late now to go bossing with my current main, so that's XP/etc. lost to restarting Grin Ring over and over and over for nearly 2 hours. I don't think Nexon cares though.

For the record: I have a recent installation. I installed from scratch during Update 176.
  1. Are you crashing too?1 vote
    1. A little bit, here and there
       0% (0 votes)
    2. Like MAD, bro! It's a mega crashathon! I'm an addict.
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Nope.
       100% (1 vote)