[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Cash Shop Overhaul

ImaginateImaginate
Reactions: 230
edited November 2023 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
With all the controversy regarding the New Age nerfs that were shown during Tespia, I feel like this certain topic tends to always be put on the back-burner since players end up spending money on cosmetics regardless if it's a positive or negative change.

I would like to address how outdated the GMS cash shop is compared to kMS; especially since this server and the people that work on this server are advocating the idea that we're aligning with kMS (which we're really not).

The 90 day limit on cash shop items are archaic to the game model since it's not 2005 anymore. With the introduction of mileage (reward points), players have been accumulating this type of "currency" since 2013, and it's not being used properly at all. The reward points shop offer two types of cubes with a limit of 5 per month, ONE water of life, and 20 monster park tickets. Players end up racking mileage from spending on cash shop/defeating bosses but are not allowed to fully use it to its extent under the limits of the reward points shop and certain items in the cash shop.

In kMS (reg & reboot), they are allowed to purchase PERMANENT cash shop items with reward points. Any item except cubes/beauty coupons are ALLOWED to be purchased with reward points. Why is that not implemented in GMS? Also, when permanent cash items are on sale in GMS, specifically PERMANENT transparent items which are very popular, it's only sold twice a year and the price is doubled compared to the 90 day version available on the cash shop. Why is that? kMS has also changed their royal hair/face coupons to CHOICE so there's no RNG regarding the type of hair/face a player wants and yet, the rotations available on royal hair/face every month are all very ugly and unwanted by majority of the players in GMS. When will this be implemented? Ever since the controversy of the change royal hair/face coupons that allowed players to specifically choose which one they wanted (which was an error on GMS' part), instead of actually implementing that change, GMS decided to take it out instead and never bothered to bring it back for players. Why is that?

Another predatory business model are PSSB's. Why does GMS have 50 items in one PSSB compared to kMS which has 25? That's double the amount of an item that a lot of players would NOT want. The option to sell back cash shop items garnered from PSSBs to a ticket shop in the Free Market is just downright horrible. One would need to garner a certain amount of tickets for ONE ITEM? How does that make any sense? kMS has also allowed players to sell back their items to the cash shop 30% off the original price of the item in return of maple points. Where is that? Also, the rotation of these items available in the ticket shop are not updated regularly so many players are stuck with crap items from PSSBs left untended in their cash shop inventory. This brings me to another topic of the cash shop transfer. Why is it that GMS only has an "EVENT" to do cash shop transfer when kMS has it every month? That does not make any sense. Like explain that to us.

If you want players to spend money on your game, you should implement better options in the cash shop especially cash shop packages that are NOT repeated and actually give good fashion options. More people would be inclined to spend money on the cash shop if these changes were implemented and rotations are constantly changing every month.

Thank you.
xMrMeowKlarasawi032

Comments

• xMrMeowxMrMeow
    Reactions: 1,625
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2023
    Definitely agree with everything here. I'd without a doubt spend more on cosmetics if there wasn't as much RNG involved.

I really like a handful of items in many of the PSSBs, as well as many of the classic legacy items that are still available, however the legacy items aren't worth re-buying every 3 months, and the PSSBs have like a 1% chance to get any individual item, let alone an entire set. spending over $30 to get a chance to get an item set I want is just almost never worth it to me unless there are a lot of items I want all in the same PSSB rotation, which happens very rarely.
  • KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited November 2023
    Permanant equips are worth double because they don't expire. Although it would be nice if they were cheaper, that wouldn't be fair to have them the same price.

Imaginate wrote: »
    If you want players to spend money on your game, you should implement better options in the cash shop especially cash shop packages that are NOT repeated and actually give good fashion options. More people would be inclined to spend money on the cash shop if these changes were implemented and rotations are constantly changing every month.
    I agree with this. It's tiring seeing the same old outfits in both packages and style boxes. A lot of the filler perms in boxes were available in the last 1-2years and the community already has a good supply of it in the auction house. Why not bring in items that we haven't seen in 5+ years instead??

Another predatory business model are PSSB's. Why does GMS have 50 items in one PSSB compared to kMS which has 25? That's double the amount of an item that a lot of players would NOT want.
    The problem is that there are thousands of cash items in the game and a lot haven't appeared for years. Although the odds of obtaining what you want would be easier, having only 25 items per 3 weeks decreases the chances of seeing items that haven't appeared for 5+ years. So unless you decrease the duration, 50 per rotation is the best option compared to 100 items like it was before which made certain perms scarce and expensive in the auction house (especially from seasonal boxes like St Patrick's).

The option to sell back cash shop items garnered from PSSBs to a ticket shop in the Free Market is just downright horrible. One would need to garner a certain amount of tickets for ONE ITEM? How does that make any sense? kMS has also allowed players to sell back their items to the cash shop 30% off the original price of the item in return of maple points. Where is that? Also, the rotation of these items available in the ticket shop are not updated regularly so many players are stuck with crap items from PSSBs left untended in their cash shop inventory.
    This is frustrating. I also feel like the ticket costs are way too high for a single item. 40 tickets should be reserved if you're buying a whole set from the stamp shop instead. If you have an excess of junk perms in your inventory and don't have anything to buy you can just trade them all in for stamps and use when the rotation changes, though I do agree the rotations need to be more frequent.