[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Abyssal Expedition Timer hasn't worked once.

KhongiKhongi
Reactions: 2,140
edited December 2023 in Bug Reporting
blindtime.png

Since starting this the timer has never worked, always 'time remaining 00:00:00' displayed. I simply have no clue how long I have in there, to begin with I only got Nami to lvl3, just over lvl3, while others claim to have been in there (the abyss) for longer.

IF the timer worked it wouldn't be such a mind game trying to figure out how much time I have, I would be able to time manage better and figure out how to play this but I'm playing blind. I have never known how long I have in there each day and it's a surprise when I get kicked out, I assume it would at least be at the hour but sometimes I'm in there for 3hrs 10mins and I get kicked to the camp and can't return until the next day, it just doesn't make sense at all. Could it be because I'm international? Could it be because of lag?? I have no clue but it doesn't make sense, again, if I could see a count down timer maybe it would but going in at 00:00:00 I simply have no clue how long I have. Recently I hit Senior 3 rank, apparently that gives me 6hrs? (what the NPC said I would have in the abyss) but nope, it does not give me 6hrs.

I've read on reddit others complaining about the timer. Are you looking into this at all? or just going to let it go since it doesn't appear to impact everyone?

edit: here are some more screenies to show I'm in the abyss with a 00:00:00 timer (notice my EXP is going up even though the timer is at 0) I don't know how long I have left, it'll boot me out whenever....

blindtime2.png

blindtime3.png

edit: minimizing the timer screen does not fix the timer, just FYI
blindtime4.png