[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Issues with maplestory full screen

DalethDaleth
Reactions: 1,855
edited September 2016 in Tech Support
I am on a windows 10 Asus ROG laptop, and I have had issues with maplestory fullscreen on every device I've ever played it on.

One of the issues is when the monitor resolution is changed, I need to do a visual reset of the program for the game to work. For example, going from the login screen to in game, I need to press ctrl + alt + delete, even though I can hear the game I need to do that. The screen is still in a 4:3 ratio when I go to the security options. when I press cancel, the screen then changes resolution and I can play the game - same for entering and exiting the cash shop.

Secondly, alt tabbing/resolution changes freeze the visuals of my display for a few seconds.

it's all annoying, but workable.
  1. Have you had this issue?9 votes
    1. Yes, I have.
       44% (4 votes)
    2. No, I have not.
       56% (5 votes)

Comments

• GimoGimo
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited September 2016
    My game normally automatically changes the aspect ratio on its own, and I can Alt+Enter freely without many repercussions. Perhaps there is a setting you enabled/disable that is causing this?
  • nenenenenenenenenene
    Reactions: 1,095
    edited October 2016
    Maybe your laptop is one of those with dual video cards ? If that's the case, try to pin Maplestory to the high performance card. Note that most of the laptop graphics card are not retail graphics cards. You HAVE TO use the "laptop vendor" supported card drivers if they are available unless they refer you back to the "graphics card vendor". Although you can explore to use the graphics card vendor drivers but if you see something is not working, you have to switch back.
  • DalethDaleth
    edited October 2016
    nenenenene

Maybe your laptop is one of those with dual video cards ? If that's the case, try to pin Maplestory to the high performance card. Note that most of the laptop graphics card are not retail graphics cards. You HAVE TO use the "laptop vendor" supported card drivers if they are available unless they refer you back to the "graphics card vendor". Although you can explore to use the graphics card vendor drivers but if you see something is not working, you have to switch back.
    I have a nvidia gtx 960M. I am not sure that that is the issue, however when you mentioned dual gfx that made me consider that perhaps the cpu graphics drivers are enabled, which could be conflicting. I'll check it out, but it seems unlikely as it happened on my desktop too.

• nenenenenenenenenene
    Reactions: 1,095
    edited October 2016
    Did it only happen to the external monitor by any chance ? or it also happened to the laptop LED display ?
  • DalethDaleth
    edited October 2016
    nenenenene

Did it only happen to the external monitor by any chance ? or it also happened to the laptop LED display ?
    I have a external monitor plugged in, as for LED I am not sure!
    Maple runs on the internal monitor, and all my setups have more than one monitor.

----
    I just checked, for some reason both monitors are running on internal gfx! I will look into this and get back to you.