[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please stop the disconnections

XeraphimXeraphim
Reactions: 1,480
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
1) Unrepentant Wickedness by Nexon's Servers

So there I was in CHT again hoping to hit lvl 187 because the previous fight gave me a 52% XP total and I was beating down CHT's body with a number of temporary, conditional and otherwise expensive buffs going. I used a lot of items.

Suddenly, login screen. "Unable to log in to game server. Please try again."

This isn't the first time.

It makes me want to come to your facility and be very violent to your programmers. I really don't want to feel that way. Stop the childish, vindictive programming behavior. It's been happening since August. The game worked fine in June and July. Fix it. Whatever it is. Fix it.

I don't hack. Ever. Hackers have a more stable connection and a better gaming experience.

2) You know it causes disconnections, so please stop it.

Please put in the options a way to disable MapleTip too, because it sometimes causes desync and disconnection. Hackers disable it anyway, why can't legit folks?
JettLuvsU
  1. How often are you kicked to desktop or login page during something you wanted to finish and couldn't17 votes
    1. Nevar!
       6% (1 vote)
    2. Once a month...ish
       12% (2 votes)
    3. Once a week, average
       6% (1 vote)
    4. About once a day, sometimes once every 2 or 3 days
       29% (5 votes)
    5. Several times a day
       47% (8 votes)
    6. Maplestory barely runs but I really like the game and it means a lot to me so I keep trying
       0% (0 votes)
    7. It crashes so much now I'm quitting as soon as I give my stuff away
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• Wort117Wort117
    Reactions: 630
    edited November 2016
    Agreed. Maple kicks you off far too much. If are connected through ethernet with 50MBps speed, you should EXPECT there to be very few disconnections, but this just doesn't happen, and it's garbage.
  • XeraphimXeraphim
    edited November 2016
    I have enjoyed few games as much as Maplestory but have had nowhere near the level of frustration from any other game in regards to just trying to keep the client logged in.

I repeatedly get half an hour or more of XP and Att buffs stripped from random disconnections that are completely preventable by Nexon and have absolutely nothing to do with what I am doing.

In my opinion, Nexon owes me Permanent buffs of 2x XP and +60 Watt/Matt on all characters for stripping me of these buffs so very, very often. My characters also deserve +5 levels for all the Bosses they have been kicked from. I don't even do crazy hard bosses yet or the numbers would be higher.

I'm not even talking about loot, which is why I do some of the bosses I get randomly kicked from by Nexon for Nexon-related problems. I should not be penalized for their careless programming or sloppy service.

For example - Just in the last hour and twenty minutes, my Xenon has been kicked twice for finishing the Grin Ring quest (forcing me to abandon/retake/wait 30 more mins) while killing Jars and Ginseng monsters near Herb Town. He wasn't kicked somewhere during the countdown, he was kicked when the timer finished. Twice. Sloppy code.
  • XeraphimXeraphim
    edited November 2016
    So I used an old school program to open a Debug and this is what it found:
    Unhandled exception at 0x6d35a515a in Maplestory.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000028

I don't know what you put there but it didn't want to play nice with itself. I'll post more Debug strings as Maplestory crashes, which should be at least every day I play it.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    d/c erryday :cc avoid event hall at all costs!
    Lilyflower
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited November 2016
    Maplestory wouldn't be Maplestory without the lag and dc's
  • XeraphimXeraphim
    edited November 2016
    This time: Same error, but at 0x6de5a15a. Kicked out of a Lith run with an 2x XP coupon that had over 30 mins left running and 120 ATT worth of other buffs. At the time I was beating down the darker blue Livyatan near the end of the voyage. Being kicked robbed me of the XP and denaros, etc. I am owed a great deal now.

Nexon... please fix it. God f*cking damn. This is grinding the hell out of my gears.
  • XeraphimXeraphim
    edited November 2016
    Commerci solo run to Herb Town also resulted in the client completely freezing up. Unable to attach Visual Studio this time as it locked up the video completely. This time the lockup occurred when the Timer bar failed to show up while on the Infinite Spawn portion of the voyage. I have once again been stolen from.

Maplestory also managed to crash the Java side of my VPN software, knocking me off the primary connection and forcing me to a throttled connection. I use Private Internet Access and it has no problems. There are no synchronous events at Privateinternetaccess.com's operation center. This is local, which means that the MapleStory client and anti-hack software BlackCipher were solely responsible for this interruption in VPN access. All internet debugging traffic is normal (no unusual activity, other than my connection suddenly going dead when Maplestory crashed the njws operations labeled "pia_nw.exe")

A side note:
    The disconnections are 4 times more frequent when using a naked connection (no VPN or other software running, strictly Modem logs with no packet traffic monitors).
  • XeraphimXeraphim
    edited November 2016
    Noting another crash, same 0x6de5a15a in Maplestory.exe
  • XeraphimXeraphim
    edited November 2016
    Noting another forced disconnect while in Chaos Horntail. Server side. No connection problem. The server just dumped the signal.
  • XeraphimXeraphim
    edited November 2016
    Noting a fraudulent block report by "maplestory police" in Future Henesys Knight District 3 because I picked up a Knight D monster card.
  • ShakaAlekShakaAlek
    Reactions: 970
    edited November 2016
    Do you get error messages? I often get random crashes to desktop with no error messages, much like what would happen if I shut the process down from task manager. It usually happens when changing maps or selecting a character.
  • XeraphimXeraphim
    edited November 2016
    Logged in, ran 2 Monster Parks at lvl 200, bought a Rice Coin box thing for 10 coins, tried to use it, crash.
    I do have the XP Crown pendant equipped, if that makes any difference.

Exception at 0x6de5a15a in Maplestory.exe again. 0xC0000005, Access violation *reading* location 0x00000028. I even turned my User Account Control prompts completely off.
  • XeraphimXeraphim
    edited November 2016
    Hard crash. Maplestory client froze the video and entered an endless loop during Dimension Invasion.
  • XeraphimXeraphim
    edited November 2016
    ShakaAlek
    ShakaAlek said:

Do you get error messages? I often get random crashes to desktop with no error messages, much like what would happen if I shut the process down from task manager. It usually happens when changing maps or selecting a character.
    I just get the "Maplestory had a problem and died." as it submits a crash report to Microsloths. Other times Maple says "Could not connect to login server" as an excuse to destroy my buffs and lock me out of Commerci or a Boss.
  • XeraphimXeraphim
    edited November 2016
    Due to Maplestory.exe sustaining a crash frequency of every 20 minutes, either to the Login page (select server) or the desktop (or to Hard System Reset), I hereby dub the game unplayable for certain players and demographics.