[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Does Global Migration enable logging in from EU?

ElballerElballer
Reactions: 400
edited November 2016 in Tech Support
Hey, I am currently on vacation in the UK (from US) and would love to play on my GMS account but I havent been able to due to the game not letting me log in from out of the US. Will the Global Migration allow me to log in from the UK? If not, is there a way to get around being force logged besides using a proxy?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,320
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Presumably, after tomorrow's maintenance, the IP block will be lifted, and you'll be able to play your GMS account from the UK.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016

I would keep this in mind too, as I'm unaware of how that's going to affect the ability for EU players to connect following the maintenance. But it seems that it's, from the beginning at least, not as cut and dry as "the IP block will be lifted". Of course it could just be as simple as "accept new terms of use" or something.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,320
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

I would keep this in mind too, as I'm unaware of how that's going to affect the ability for EU players to connect following the maintenance. But it seems that it's, from the beginning at least, not as cut and dry as "the IP block will be lifted". Of course it could just be as simple as "accept new terms of use" or something.
    Only EMS accounts need to accept service migration. Elballer has a GMS account.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Aggraphine

Only EMS accounts need to accept service migration. Elballer has a GMS account.
    That what that means? I wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing it up, however trivial it may've been.