[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

A good surprise and a unload

PlasmaBeanPlasmaBean
Reactions: 1,280
edited November 2016 in General Chat
Now that EMS and GMS are merged, everyone that could only register on EMS can register on GMS aswell! I discovered this yesterday, and I'm so glad! I am Brazilian, and whenever I tried to play GMS I got frustated, because I couldn't enter on it due to region lock. So, I needed to download Hotspot Shield in order to play GMS, and there were a lot of ads. It was very annoying. Not counting when HS didn't work, and I would get banned and in the need to change password, enter again, and pray for the best. It was very time-consuming. I don't know why GMS don't want Brazilians on their server, but I saw a comment of two guy complaining about Brazilians:

"Well tons of EMS players are quitting because GMS is too noobified. With your overpowered items and just too easy leveling.
Also, enjoy the HUGE influx of rude, angry Brazilians who will also have access to GMS. There were a poopyload of those on EMS "

"Also, Brazilians on EMS outnumber actual Europeans 7 to 1 and most of them only speak Portuguese. So yeah, suck on it. Nexon screwed us both, especially EMS as we have no say, and frankly, go read our forums, we don't wanna play with you."

I don't know why that hate on Brazilians. This might be a reason why GMS didn't let Brazilians enter. All that I pray is, just, don't generalize, please. If a Brazilian is irritant to you, just ignore / report him. That's not how all the brazilians are! I mean, just because some Brazilian people act bad, you can't deprive all of them to play!

Sorry for the heated reception, but hello again!