[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Is this a bug or intended?

PlasmaBeanPlasmaBean
Reactions: 1,280
edited November 2016 in General Chat

When I double click on these NPCs they do nothing, not even display a normal text. I think this is a bug because it doesn't make much sense to put 2 random NPCs just as background, it would be very weird. Thoughts?

Comments

• FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    There're a lot of NPCs like this lol. Is there something special in particular about these ones?
  • PlasmaBeanPlasmaBean
    edited November 2016
    Fennekin
    Fennekin said:

There're a lot of NPCs like this lol. Is there something special in particular about these ones?
    You didn't understand me. It's not like they say some text when I click on them. They are actionless. Go to NLC and double click the NPC named Stirgeman. He won't have any quests, but he will say a text. These ones in the pic don't do even that. Hope you understood :D

@Edit: Also, Lonnie didn't have a light bulb on her head even knowing that she has a quest to be done. But that one is not critical.
  • ValryiaValryia
    Reactions: 990
    edited November 2016
    Yes, it is part of a bug. But it is not that they don't say anything, they only say something if you start the quest related to them. You see, that treasure bag in the top right corner of the screen is supposed to start a questline before breaking down the walls. You click it - apperantly when it is raining - and they start talking, leading to the last key.

There have been a HUGE thread about this issue, but it seems to have disappeared for some reason?!
  • PlasmaBeanPlasmaBean
    edited November 2016
    Valryia
    Valryia said:

Yes, it is part of a bug. But it is not that they don't say anything, they only say something if you start the quest related to them. You see, that treasure bag in the top right corner of the screen is supposed to start a questline before breaking down the walls. You click it - apperantly when it is raining - and they start talking, leading to the last key.

There have been a HUGE thread about this issue, but it seems to have disappeared for some reason?!
    There is a thread on reddit about this: https://reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/59nbce/afterlands_bugscomplaints/
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited November 2016
    There's also a supposed method to doing it correctly that was posted yesterday.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/5elscv/afterlands_all_twelve_keys_guide_solved/
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    PlasmaBean

Fennekin
    Fennekin said:

You didn't understand me. It's not like they say some text when I click on them. They are actionless. Go to NLC and double click the NPC named Stirgeman. He won't have any quests, but he will say a text. These ones in the pic don't do even that. Hope you understood :D
    Oh, yeah, those were the kinds I was talking about I think? Like the creepy weirdo that stood by the Kaleido Spinner thingy that doesn't spawn a text box (at least to me) but still has the "can be talked to" icon when you hover your cursor over him. I also sorta recall a lot of inanimate objects that have that icon when you hover over them, but don't spawn a text box or anything.