[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Bulk Extraction

TheHoATheHoA
Reactions: 2,210
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I think a lot of people would appreciate being able to extract multiple items at once instead of doing it 1 at a time.
NakazatoJLPeep

Comments

• NakazatoJLNakazatoJL
    Reactions: 1,505
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    YES PLEASE

• PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited November 2016
    I think someone already suggested this in the past and our CM saw it and is passing it on. So hopefully it comes in the future.
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited November 2016
    Would be a nice QOL change.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    I doubt it will happen as that would require messing with the inventory capabilities a little bit, and years ago @Artasi told us that Nexon was very hesitant to change that code because its one of the few stable parts of the game. Would be nice though
  • TheHoATheHoA
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

I doubt it will happen as that would require messing with the inventory capabilities a little bit, and years ago @Artasi told us that Nexon was very hesitant to change that code because its one of the few stable parts of the game. Would be nice though
    Yeah I'm not 100% sure how they could do it - like having multiple slots to drop equips into like the trade window?
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited November 2016
    TheHoA
    TheHoA said:

gamechanger

Yeah I'm not 100% sure how they could do it - like having multiple slots to drop equips into like the trade window?
    When he commented on it it was about someone requesting us to be able to do something similar to CTRL-click on items in the inventory to select more than 1 at a time. I imagine that any such changes to extraction would be outright out of the question. If however the UI that it opens is expanded to have multiple slots then maybe.

Of course they would also have to work something out for what happens when you are in the middle of extracting multiple equips and your inventory fills up. Does it stop completely or just force you to empty some spaces before continuing on automatically? Would you lose your equips that were in the queue (non intentional ofc but it wouldn't surprise me if this happened at some stage during development) etc...
  • NakazatoJLNakazatoJL
    Reactions: 1,505
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

TheHoA
    TheHoA said:

gamechanger

When he commented on it it was about someone requesting us to be able to do something similar to CTRL-click on items in the inventory to select more than 1 at a time. I imagine that any such changes to extraction would be outright out of the question. If however the UI that it opens is expanded to have multiple slots then maybe.

Of course they would also have to work something out for what happens when you are in the middle of extracting multiple equips and your inventory fills up. Does it stop completely or just force you to empty some spaces before continuing on automatically? Would you lose your equips that were in the queue (non intentional ofc but it wouldn't surprise me if this happened at some stage during development) etc...
    It could be made as a queue (Grand Chase had an extraction like that), you can put like 8 items on it, and the system extracts 1 by 1 like now (that way any calculations related to inventory and so would not be affected), but you could go to restroom or something like that.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

TheHoA
    TheHoA said:

gamechanger

Wouldn't it just say something like "you need more etc slots in order to extract"? at most there should be 5 different results when counting all possible equipment extractions.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited November 2016
    TheHoA
    TheHoA said:

gamechanger

TheHoA
    TheHoA said:

gamechanger

Wouldn't it just say something like "you need more etc slots in order to extract"? at most there should be 5 different results when counting all possible equipment extractions.
    Maybe, maybe not. Maplestory is spaghetti code for sure. IDK if the programmers could do something like this with bulk extraction or not even if they wanted to