[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

/Find

AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
Reactions: 1,315
edited November 2016 in General Chat
Is there a way to stop people from doing it?

Comments

• MekMek
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited November 2016
    Weell, back in the days that was a really useful feature, you know, when PQ's were worth doing it.
    But is someone stalking you? Chatting you creepy things? Following you everywhere? Have you not being able to sleep at night? Did he/she try to gift you a candy?

PS: don't accept it, it's a trap. believe me.
  • PermolasPermolas
    Reactions: 340
    edited November 2016
    No there isnt.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Set your status to "offline" in your buddy list.
    Nobody will be able to "/find" you.
    The downside is that your buddies and guild will also not see that you are online.
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    edited November 2016
    Thank you so much. There was a dude stalking my gf's Kanna to the point she was getting creeped out and just logged out all together. Hopefully this will help ease her worries.
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited November 2016
    Pity we can't name and shame the scumbag harassing your GF. Human garbage tends to act up when there are few repercussions to keep them at bay.

>"B-But that would be undue harassment."

Sometimes, the only way to deal with such people is to use the same language they do. The trick is to know when to draw the line, or where the scales tip such that the aggressor becomes the victim. Sadly, we haven't found that line.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    MakazeKiba

Pity we can't name and shame the scumbag harassing your GF. Human garbage tends to act up when there are few repercussions to keep them at bay.

Sometimes, the only way to deal with such people is to use the same language they do. The trick is to know when to draw the line, or where the scales tip such that the aggressor becomes the victim. Sadly, we haven't found that line.
    The problem isn't that it's "undue harassment", it's that we don't know the truth.
    Suppose AkihikoT_ came here and said "MakazeKiba is harassing my gf."
    You would, of course, deny it.
    The girlfriend would then log in and say you definitely are, you scumbag.
    You'd still deny it, and bring friends on to tell everyone what a nice person you are.
    People who don't know either of you would take sides based on who sounds more convincing.
    Flamewar, sullied reputations, all sorts of unpleasant consequences, simply because none of us can judge one person's word vs. another's.

That's why "naming and shaming" is not allowed. Because it allows innocents to be shamed by someone who is either mistaken or malicious.

If you're being harassed, report it to Nexon (either through in-game reporting or through customer support). People have been banned for harassment before.
    MakazeKibaShosen
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

The problem isn't that it's "undue harassment", it's that we don't know the truth.
    You'd still deny it, and bring friends on to tell everyone what a nice person you are.
    People who don't know either of you would take sides based on who sounds more convincing.
    Flamewar, sullied reputations, all sorts of unpleasant consequences, simply because none of us can judge one person's word vs. another's.

That's why "naming and shaming" is not allowed. Because it allows innocents to be shamed by someone who is either mistaken or malicious.

If you're being harassed, report it to Nexon (either through in-game reporting or through customer support). People have been banned for harassment before.
    Err, yeah, I'll agree with that. I forgot how ugly that tends to get.
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

MakazeKiba

Pretty much the reason for innocent until proven guilty. Also the reason why I'm not naming names; why stoop to harassing someone.