[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.220 Moonlight Magic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Fusing Anvil - Genderless and Gender-locked Items

StargethStargeth
Reactions: 1,790
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
This has been suggested many times but I am going to do so again. Many of the end-game equipment do not have a gender whereas almost all pre-level 120 equips have a gender requirement. Therefore, we are left without many choices especially for tops/bottoms/overalls. I'm talking about less than a handful of choices whereas other slots have much, much more options. Since the restriction was probably made to avoid cross-dressers and/or takes a bit of extra coding, I will offer some ideas as to how to make this functionality work.

Idea 1:
Fuse male/female equip's appearance to functionality of the genderless equip and lock the equip as the male/female gender

EX: Fuse grey t-shirt (male) appearance to Eagle Eye Warrior top (genderless) and lock the gender as male. You now have an Eagle Eye Warrior top (male) that looks like the grey t-shirt.
I also want to point out that this feature ALREADY EXISTS for the Friendstory school uniform overall, so why not just extend this same exact functionality to all items?

Idea 2:
Fuse male/female equip's appearance to functionality of the genderless equip and lock the equip as the male/female gender AND make it untradeable until it is fused to something else.

EX: Fuse grey t-shirt (male) appearance to Eagle Eye Warrior top (genderless) and lock the gender as male. You now have an Eagle Eye Warrior top (male) that looks like the grey t-shirt, but it is now untradeable.

For the Eagle Eye Warrior top (male) in either scenario, it could be made genderless again by fusing it to a genderless item or even lock it for the other gender (female) if fused to a female equipment. This part of the functionality would not have to be added for the ideas to work, but it would be a nice QoL feature.

Idea 3:
Simply allow us to fuse it without restriction. This would allow cross-dressing, but that already exists to some degree through NX equips and hairstyles (like April Fool's) so I don't see a major concern.

EX: Eagle Eye Warrior top with a male appearance but a female can equip.
  1. Which method do you prefer for fusing a gender-locked item with a genderless item?8 votes
    1. Any idea works for me!
       38% (3 votes)
    2. Idea 1
       13% (1 vote)
    3. Idea 2
       0% (0 votes)
    4. Idea 3
       50% (4 votes)
    5. I do not want this to become a feature in-game.
       0% (0 votes)