[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Fusing Anvil - Genderless and Gender-locked Items

StargethStargeth
Reactions: 2,680
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
This has been suggested many times but I am going to do so again. Many of the end-game equipment do not have a gender whereas almost all pre-level 120 equips have a gender requirement. Therefore, we are left without many choices especially for tops/bottoms/overalls. I'm talking about less than a handful of choices whereas other slots have much, much more options. Since the restriction was probably made to avoid cross-dressers and/or takes a bit of extra coding, I will offer some ideas as to how to make this functionality work.

Idea 1:
Fuse male/female equip's appearance to functionality of the genderless equip and lock the equip as the male/female gender

EX: Fuse grey t-shirt (male) appearance to Eagle Eye Warrior top (genderless) and lock the gender as male. You now have an Eagle Eye Warrior top (male) that looks like the grey t-shirt.
I also want to point out that this feature ALREADY EXISTS for the Friendstory school uniform overall, so why not just extend this same exact functionality to all items?

Idea 2:
Fuse male/female equip's appearance to functionality of the genderless equip and lock the equip as the male/female gender AND make it untradeable until it is fused to something else.

EX: Fuse grey t-shirt (male) appearance to Eagle Eye Warrior top (genderless) and lock the gender as male. You now have an Eagle Eye Warrior top (male) that looks like the grey t-shirt, but it is now untradeable.

For the Eagle Eye Warrior top (male) in either scenario, it could be made genderless again by fusing it to a genderless item or even lock it for the other gender (female) if fused to a female equipment. This part of the functionality would not have to be added for the ideas to work, but it would be a nice QoL feature.

Idea 3:
Simply allow us to fuse it without restriction. This would allow cross-dressing, but that already exists to some degree through NX equips and hairstyles (like April Fool's) so I don't see a major concern.

EX: Eagle Eye Warrior top with a male appearance but a female can equip.
  1. Which method do you prefer for fusing a gender-locked item with a genderless item?8 votes
    1. Any idea works for me!
       38% (3 votes)
    2. Idea 1
       13% (1 vote)
    3. Idea 2
       0% (0 votes)
    4. Idea 3
       50% (4 votes)
    5. I do not want this to become a feature in-game.
       0% (0 votes)