[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Linkin Park (the Skillz) thred

XeraphimXeraphim
Reactions: 1,480
edited October 2016 in General Chat
When I make a new character I marvel at the fact that in the Link Skill menu there isn't an option to port over all available Link Skills from existing characters through a pop up menu with check boxes. Of course I expect a follow up OK box that says "You must log out then back in for these skills to take effect."

Why would I want this? Well, as a user on wifi that I have to use a home-made parabolic dish to access from across the street (shared family wifi situation), I find that often when I am switching out link skills that I get disconnected at least 4 times during the process due to login redundancy ("That account is already logged in" and MS closes) and other issues.

So, simplifying the "I made a new character and I want to be awesome RIGHT NOW" issue would be a boon to every user that ever wanted to have every link skill ever available to their new lvl 10 munchkin.

Consider this a request for such a feature :-)
  1. Would you use this feature?3 votes
    1. EHRMAHGERD YASSS!!
       67% (2 votes)
    2. Nope. I'd rather shuck corn with my teeth.
       33% (1 vote)
    3. Why is this even? Did you accidentally all of it?
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited October 2016
    DeeMon
    DeeMon said:

They are improving the Link Skill manager in the V update. You'll be able to see all available link skills at the right side of the manager UI and can choose which ones you want to link onto your new character. We have to wait months just for this simple improvement. It sucks. We want it right now.
    patience is a virtue, if we keep following the pattern we have, it shouldn't be too far away.
  • XeraphimXeraphim
    edited October 2016
    Oh, man! So I'm asking for something that's already been thought up, coded and is just pending testing before implementation. Nice!

Ok... I'll wait :)
  • Michaelxv212Michaelxv212
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited October 2016
    Will we have the ability to use all the link skills on any amount of chars?
  • XeraphimXeraphim
    edited October 2016
    Michaelxv212

This is a question for a Nexon Representative. Are there any Moderators on that would care to go get the answer for this?

In my opinion as a game modder, I think it would be a bit excessive since they currently limit the link skill usage to once per day per character assigned. I would assume Nexon to keep that "one at a time" philosophy with Link Skills. Otherwise players would have the freedom to hop to whatever character they want to play at the moment and the game would be more diverse as a result.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Michaelxv212

No.

The developers have stated they don't want link skills and character cards to be the same, or something along those lines. So while we get a more convenient interface for reassigning link skills, they still only apply to one character at a time, we can still only move them once a day, and we can still only have 12 applied to a single characters.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Michaelxv212

No.

The developers have stated they don't want link skills and character cards to be the same, or something along those lines. So while we get a more convenient interface for reassigning link skills, they still only apply to one character at a time, we can still only move them once a day, and we can still only have 12 applied to a single characters.
    Which is, honestly, extremely stupid. The game is already full of redundant systems, and this one change would make everyone happy.