[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How to stop goldsellers?

MasumuneZMasumuneZ
Reactions: 540
edited December 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Opening up this thread as more of a way to debate suggestions, I am fully aware that they is no answer without its drawbacks but having thought about it I may aswell give my twocence

So how about, free market community moderators, to stop goldsellers from.spamming (lets be honest.not.only is it annoying but its ruining the economy and making the game even harder for new.players THEREFORE our player retention decreases.), possibly with only the power to mute a character acccount created within 30 days? Maybe designate a few active guilds members the priviledge. I don't know, help out here guys we need.to come up with something other Luna will turn into GMS with 1bil being like 3$ =/=/

Just input your suggestions here, maybe together as a community we can come up with a feasible idea to pass onto the development team. We are never gonna stop it completely no but we can curb its growth and halt them from growing.out of control and ruining this game we all love.

Comments

• Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited December 2016
    whatever you do. DO NOT TRY TO FIGHT THEM ON YOUR OWN. THEY ARE BASICALLY ARMIES OF HACKERS. and as loyal to one another as a polygmastic married couple THEY WILL RUIN YOU IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE IF YOU TRY TO MESS THEIR BUSSINESS UP SOLO ESPECIALLY. QUIT B4 U LOSE EVERYTHING -been there-. there is no solo seller of gold they will never work alone and they will never ever be taken down due to the massive influx of bots makeable instantly and the mass amounts of sites they spam which idoits are simple enough to use and get key logged on access(or worse). Best solution for you is to ignore them, not ingage contact cause these people aren't just meso farmers, they're a sick headed business that lives and dies on meso loot per sec on there Virtual machine bot program which can run infinite amount of chars as pleases. 85% of advertised sites are just ways to key log or remote access your account/computer. and if you keep pushing and trying to fight them off on your own youll be digging your own solo grave. happened to me. people take meso income to serious I wouldn't mess with a hacker cooperation who runs off duplicated false currencies
  • MasumuneZMasumuneZ
    Reactions: 540
    edited December 2016
    I get it they are "unstoppable" in most people's eyes but you cant just give up on them. I suppose Nexon have tried lots of techniques.or am I wrong to assume that.

The way I see it is if you kill the advertising then.you kill the businesses revenues. Sure it will be advertised elsewhere and people will continue to buy. But the impact will not be as extreme as it is now. Since the merge and the birth of Luna these advertisers have tripled and gold prices to the EUR are dropping. Nexon need to be more vigilante and inventive in ways to destroy these pests. Hit them at the source, maybe they spread their wealth across accounts but just get rid.of advertisers first.
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited December 2016
    MasumuneZ
    MasumuneZ said:

I get it they are "unstoppable" in most people's eyes but you cant just give up on them. I suppose Nexon have tried lots of techniques.or am I wrong to assume that.

The way I see it is if you kill the advertising then.you kill the businesses revenues. Sure it will be advertised elsewhere and people will continue to buy. But the impact will not be as extreme as it is now. Since the merge and the birth of Luna these advertisers have tripled and gold prices to the EUR are dropping. Nexon need to be more vigilante and inventive in ways to destroy these pests. Hit them at the source, maybe they spread their wealth across accounts but just get rid.of advertisers first.
    I was hands on and reporting everyone and every single exploit/bug existent in my knowledge to nexon support some which are still available and going on. Hackers got overly-mad. I got hacked. I got 5 years of my information on my comp MINED, then sold to advertisement companies. I lost over 4000$ in computers and music and other data/photos I will never get back, all because I tried to stand up against EXCESSIVE botting businesses ;which have essentially ruined themselves with their greed over time.. my point is, all you can do in your best interest is ignore them honestly. the less MORONS they get visiting their sites which prob just end up in key logging accounts anyway, the less they can advertise down the long road. If nexon is too careless to step in, don't do it for them. or pay the consequences, I'm not threatening you or trying to scare you, this is reality. People do NOT like their lazy online virtual duplication currency business mangled with.