[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Shining Santa Box Feedback

SweetpatchSweetpatch
Reactions: 510
edited December 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
To say the least I have been disappointed with the changes to the santa box post patch. All my friends and guildies were having tons of fun farming the boxes and being able to buy the things form the shop which we wanted. Everyone joked about farming as many coins as possible before nexon came in and messed things up. I was hopeful that Nexon would get it right this time, but time and time again they make changes which are hugely unpopular with the community. I feel that the nerf of the santa boxes runs directly contrary to their recent mission of "A Better Maple". Seeing as how all the items in the shop are untradeable and mostly aesthetic it makes no sense to limit the number of coins per day. It seems like there is no point in having so many items at such high prices in the shop if we are not even allowed to farm enough coins to buy 1/3 of them. I honestly don't see any downsides from either nexon or the players the way the drop rate was pre patch. I guess I expected too much.
KimKumLee0romisPhantomMasterThiefBooberpuppyAkizu

Comments

• PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Sweetpatch

To say the least I have been disappointed with the changes to the santa box post patch. All my friends and guildies were having tons of fun farming the boxes and being able to buy the things form the shop which we wanted. Everyone joked about farming as many coins as possible before nexon came in and messed things up. I was hopeful that Nexon would get it right this time, but time and time again they make changes which are hugely unpopular with the community. I feel that the nerf of the santa boxes runs directly contrary to their recent mission of "A Better Maple". Seeing as how all the items in the shop are untradeable and mostly aesthetic it makes no sense to limit the number of coins per day. It seems like there is no point in having so many items at such high prices in the shop if we are not even allowed to farm enough coins to buy 1/3 of them. I honestly don't see any downsides from either nexon or the players the way the drop rate was pre patch. I guess I expected too much.
    Nexon DO's And Dont's = DO Destroy/Nerf Good things, Don't Keep/Revamp/Fix/Help The/For the Players, Do bad, don't do good.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    I agree. I wish more people would be active on these forums and voice what they really think about this. Then perhaps Nexon would see just how vastly unpopular these decisions are with the majority of maplers. Every time something like this happens and they ruin a fun event, it's all I hear about for a day or two, and then people start vanishing from the game yet again. The Maplemas event is dead to me now because of what they did.