[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Random Thoughts Lag and Gollux breakdown

RawRaw
Reactions: 515
edited December 2016 in Rants and Raves
So I just signed on for the....I don't know, maybe 6-7th time today, and it's officially bad enough I have to put something out on the dang forums about it. Not only is my game freezing, it also crashes left, right, and center, both during game and when I'm trying to load. It is beyond annoying and I'm sure Nexon is aware of the problem. As I was typing this forum, my game crashed. I'm tired of logging and my guild has gone inactive from just giving up on the connectivity issues. I also give up.

What really grinds my gears though, is the complete misappropriation of GM's and effort. There was a dang coconut harvesting and physical fitness test event in which the GM's got online and everyone was nice to them; they got to get their egos massaged while none of us can go to Gollux or connect consistently with the game. Don't you think it would be a great idea to fix things people go to daily before you start doing extra stuff that requires people who work for the company to direct their efforts away from fixing what really matters? Also those events where GM's get online are SUPER LAGGY, which may have been like putting a nuclear bomb on top of a nuclear bomb then setting them off in terms of disruption (not to mention the 10 minutes online per three hours we get for 2x, rest of time spent logging, crashing, and swearing).

I also think in hindsight, maybe connecting with Europe right before updating to 5th job may not have been a recipe for success. Just saying. I think it was too much, too fast, and while I'm very pleased 5th job is coming, I also expect it to take a month for the lag and the issues to be resolved. In baseball, you catch the ball before throwing it to first. When people try to do both at the same time, black eyes and errors happen. Fix Gollux and the connection issues, no one cares about harvesting coconuts and physical fitness tests on a computer game. Prioritize.
  1. Has lag disrupted your recent Maple efforts?5 votes
    1. Yes, this lag will be the end of me.
       60% (3 votes)
    2. No, I do not experience lag at all. Nexon does a great job!
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Thinks option 2 is funny.
       40% (2 votes)