[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Client Lag?

AteruiAterui
Reactions: 410
edited December 2016 in Tech Support
Hi there,

I've been having some lagging issues, although at this point I'm not sure it's down to simple latency anymore. Rather than normal enemies freezing in place and not responding for a bit like lag usually is in Maplestory, the entire client seizes up for anywhere between 5-15 seconds at a time before returning normal for a few minutes, after which it does it again. As you'd imagine, this makes bossing pretty much impossible, and training rather frustrating. I know people have been experiencing massive lag issues after the Limitless update around the beginning of December, but after watching some streams and getting over the initial anger, I calmed down enough to notice that my issue might be a bit different after all.

The client freezes up even in emptier channels, downtime for activity (no 2x EXP during weekday mornings) and lower populated World Servers (Nova). I'm not trying to play from anywhere out of the ordinary, I live in SoCal and I run off of a wired fiber optic internet connection, so I get normally 75 MBPS Download and 50 MBPS upload. I just updated a bunch of my drivers, my graphics card driver in particular so there shouldn't be issues with that either. Any input on solutions or possible causes are appreciated.

Basic Computer Info:

Windows 10 64-bit
Intel i7 6700k
Nvidia GTX 980ti
16 GB RAM
Wired Internet Connection